Acorn Farm Park is a quiet, peaceful park in the quaint North Devon village of Dolton with picturesque views of the Torridge Valley- perfect for a relaxing family getaway. The park has a selection of luxury lodges available to buy, all built to high-standards, with a 12-month holiday season meaning holiday home owners can come and retreat all year-round. Acorn park is situated a close walking distance from the village centre and all it's amenities including a village shop, post office, traditional butchers and beautician. There are also two traditional village pubs in walking distance- The Royal Oak and The Rams Head- serving locally-sourced delicious meals.
The thriving market town of Barnstaple is a half-hour journey from the park. The town has a rich history and this can be explored by visiting the impressive Barnstaple Castle or visiting the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon with displays ranging from the Medieval to the Victorian era. The town's high-street is a great shopping focus with loved high-street brands and a great selection of eateries, the numerous side roads also have a good selection of charming local shops and the Barnstaple Pannier Market is one of Britain's largest indoor markets. The beautiful Exmoor and Dartmoor National parks are also within driving distance of the park and are perfect for those who love the outdoors with landscapes of moorlands, woodlands, rivers and coast to be explored. Exmoor Zoo also makes a great day out with the family with an exotic, large collection of animals and family-friendly events on all year-around.
Acorn Farm Park, Dolton
These Park Rules have been set out to ensure maximum enjoyment of the Park by all Holiday Home Owners and also to ensure compliance with fire regulations and insurance requirements. We have kept them as simple as possible. Note, the term \"Owner\" in these rules refers to the Owner or, in cases of joint ownership, the Owners of the Holiday Home.
Use of Holiday Home
• The Holiday Home must not be occupied as the main or only residence of the Owner or any other person or persons.
• The Owner shall provide the Park Owner with a permanent residential address prior to occupation of the Holiday Home and will notify the Park Owner within seven days of any change of address.
• No business may be operated from the Holiday Home other than that of commercial sub-letting using the Acorn Farm Park Letting Scheme.
• No Commercial Vehicles will be permitted on site without the prior consent of the park owners.
Sub letting or hiring
• Sub-letting your holiday homes is only permitted through the Acorn Farm Park letting scheme.
• Private use of your holiday home by family or friends is permitted. Arrangements for friends and family to have access to the keys to the holiday home must be made directly between the home owner and visitors.
• The Owner is responsible for ensuring that full instructions for the safe operation of the home and its appliances are made available to their friends and family.
• The Owner is responsible for ensuring that emergency contact numbers (e.g for local plumbers, electricians, etc.) are made available to visitors. The park owner does not provide an emergency maintenance service.
• The Owner shall deposit one set of keys to the Holiday Home with the Park Owner to provide access to the Holiday Home in the event of an emergency.
• The Owner shall not provide overnight accommodation for numbers in excess of the number of berths available in their Holiday Home.
• The Owner must ensure their guests and visitors are familiar with these rules and are responsible for ensuring that they behave in accordance with them.
Appearance of homes and pitches
• A plan of the pitch will be agreed upon including decking, parking space, steps, storage bin etc. and no alteration can be made unless written permission is given by Acorn Farm Park.
• Maintenance of the Holiday Home is the responsibility of the Owner. The Holiday Home must be maintained in good condition and redecorated externally in the same colour as originally delivered. Changes to colour must be approved by the park owner in writing.
• No extensions or additions to Holiday Home may be built or added.
• No fences may be erected on or surrounding the pitch.
• No sheds greenhouses or other structures may be erected or sited on the pitch but a storage container of a type approved by the Park Owner may be purchased.
• No trees, shrubs, plants or ornamental gardens may be planted. Removable pots, tubs or other containers may be used and sited in approved positions.
• No rubbish or refuse is to be stored, left or kept in view on the pitch.
• The underside of the Holiday Home is to be kept clear of all rubbish, refuse or flammable material of any kind.
• The pitch must be maintained in a tidy condition and no moveable items (for example patio furniture, garden implements, barbecues, etc.) shall be left on the grassed areas of the pitch when the leisure home is not occupied. All such items are to be stored in the Holiday Home or storage container. Rotary clothes Airers are not permitted.
Bonfires and barbecues
• No bonfires are permitted on the pitch.
• Barbecues must be sited no closer than 2 metres from the Holiday Home.
• The speed limit throughout the Park is 5 mph.
• Parking for visitors is available in designated parking areas on the Park.
• Dogs must be kept within the confines of their Owner\'s pitch and kept on a lead on the roads or common parts.
• Dog fouling on the roads or common parts must be immediately cleared up by the animal\'s owner.
• Dog owners must ensure their pitch is kept clear of fouling.
• The Park Owner may take action for the removal of pets which consistently cause a nuisance by noise, fouling or whatever cause.
Noise and nuisance
• The Owner and their visitors must at all times respect the privacy and rights of other of Owners to the quiet enjoyment of their Holiday Home and the Park.
• Radios, stereos, televisions etc. are not to be played outside the Holiday Home nor within it at such a level that nuisance is caused to neighbours or other users of the Park.