Alderlee park is a fully residential park designed for buyers over the age of fifty-five. Situated on the edge of Southport in a secluded rural location, this park occupies an ideal location for retired and semi-retired home owners looking to settle in a calm and quiet environment.
Conveniently situated off the A570 - directly between the towns of Ormskirk and Southport- the park is located in the village of Scarisbrick, where the Beatles star John Lennon was employed as a waterworks labourer in 1959.
Scarisbrick village is renowned for its large parish church and picturesque canal, perfect for a scenic walk or a leisurely courtesy of the Scarisbrick Marina. Scarisbrick is also home to the candlelit restaurant Master McGraths and lounge bar with a delicious a la carte menu and special entertainment nights.
With the park being located directly next to an A road - a direct route to Southport is approximately fifteen minutes with a bus route directly on the main road. This idyllic town is famous for its twenty-two-mile stretch of picturesque coastline, with the beaches being home to attractions such as the Southport pier and the national nature reserve of the Ainsdale sand dunes, making Southport one of the most popular seaside resorts in the UK. The town is steeped in great architecture and history which can be explored through the many heritage trails such as the Parks and Gardens Heritage Trail.
Southport is home to the well-known Royal Birkdale Golf Club - voted number one golf club in England. With its vast options for dining and coffee breaks alongside abundance of local independent shops including the independent stores of Wayfarers shopping arcade as well as the many chain stores at Ocean Plaza- Southport offers both a lively town environment and tranquil beach setting.
Less than fifteen minutes in the car leads you to the market town of Ormskirk. For over seven hundred years the town has been running a market with over one hundred stalls located in the town centre selling goods from homemade bread to furniture and hardware. Ormskirk offers a perfect day out for an enjoyable shop with its extensive collection of both high street and independent stores alongside a wide variety of cafes and restaurants- when visiting be sure to check out the gingerbread, Ormskirk is famous for this mouth-watering treat. With Farmer Ted’s Farm Park nearby, and family-friendly events occurring at the towns Coronation park, there is also a great opportunity for a day out with the grandchildren.
Alderlee Park is ideally located - a quiet serene park but with the options to travel close distance to either full-of-life towns. The park itself comprises of approximately twenty-five well-built homes with spacious, modern living with prices starting from £120,000.
- 12-month full residential tenure
- Idyllic rural location
- Only 25 park homes
Alderlee Park, Scarisbrick
In these rules:
“occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or other agreement.
“you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home.
“we” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983 as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home.
The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 28 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules are to have a retrospective effect. Accordingly:
They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 10th November 2015 and no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and any employees.
You are responsible for informing your visitors of the site rules.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For ventilation and fire safety you must keep the space underneath your home clear, it is not to be used as a storage space.
2. You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
3. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
4. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
5. You must not cut or prune trees outside your pitch.
6. You must not have more than 2 sheds on the pitch. The siting, size and design of any new shed must be approved by us. Any shed must not occupy an area more than 7.2m2. The shed must be positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements.
7. Sheds or other structures erected in the separation space between park homes must be of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
8. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved place for local authority collection.
9. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
10. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to the occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
Age of Occupants
11. No person under the age of 55 may reside in a park home, with the exception of the park owner and their family, or the park warden and their family.
12. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players and radios, and other appliances so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, in particular between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
13. Games are not allowed on the green.
14. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
(i) Not more than 2 dogs (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil the park.
(ii) Not more than 2 domestic cats. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park.
(iii) This rule does not prohibit the keeping of any animal which can be caged or housed in an aquarium, provided that these animals are at all times kept within the mobile home.
15. Where water is not separately metered you must not use hoses, except in case of fire.
16. Water is for domestic purposes only and must not be wasted.
17. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
18. Toilets must only be used for the purpose for which they are intended. No sanitary items or nappies, plastic bags or any waste other than toilet paper is to be put down the toilet.
19. Any work carried out to the water, gas or electrical installations should be conducted by an appropriately qualified contractor and to the relevant legal standards.
Vehicles and Parking
20. You must drive carefully and within the displayed speed limit through the farmyard and on the park.
21. You must not keep more than 2 vehicles on the park.
22. You must not drive on the grass areas.
23. You must not park on the roads or the turning area or grass areas.
24. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle you keep on the park. Any vehicle you keep on the park must be taxed and in a roadworthy condition.
25. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles are not allowed on the park.
26. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
• Major vehicles repairs involving dismantling parts of the engine
• Works which involve the removal of oil or fuel or other hazardous substances.
27. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence.
28. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or re-covered, homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour scheme.
29. You must not have external fires, including incinerators. Gas barbeques are permitted but these must not be held in the separation space between mobile homes. Occupiers must observe appropriate safety measures at all times.
30. It is forbidden for anyone to interfere with the fire points except in the case of an emergency.