Auchengower Caravan Park is located in the village of Cove near Kilcreggan (where you can get the shops and ferry to Gourock and where there are train links to Glasgow). Fifteen miles away is Helensburgh, which is one of the premier West Coast resorts is the nearest town (15 miles) and offers a range of shopping to suit most tastes and needs and is an excellent touring base for a large part of Western Scotland. Also of note is the architecture with Hill House being the highlight.
Other nearby attractions and places of interest include:- Argyll Forest Park – 10 miles, Loch Lomond – 19 miles, Lochgoilhead – 28 miles, Loch Fyne – 28 miles, Glasgow – 45 miles.
Auchengower Caravan Park extends to around 12.7 acres in total and is licensed for 30 residential caravans and 30 holiday caravans
Auchengower Caravan Park
Cove nr Kilcreggan
Argyll and Bute
1) The Site Owner will only accept Residential Caravans that comply to British Standard 3632 or prior to 01/01/04, caravans which by mutual agreement between the Site Owner and resident are suitable for residential use
2) Owner occupied caravans only, sub-letting is not permitted, (use of caravan during absence of owner). The transfer of ownership is allowed (e.g. disposal of van on site). Commission on sale, 10% of price of mobile home.
3) Caravans must be kept in mobile condition at all times, clean and in good order. Nothing whatsoever may be stored underneath.
4) Plots must be properly maintained, grass and hedges trimmed. Trees and shrubs must not be removed or pruned down without specific permission. A minimum of six metres is provided between mobile homes and this will be divided proportionally between neighbouring plots (a three metre strip per mobile home is generally available). The Site Owner will determine the area of each plot.
5) Dogs must be kept under control at all times. Dog fouling must be removed by owner.
6) No washing may be hung around mobile home. A suitable free standing dryer is acceptable.
7) A storage shed of a design and size approved by the Site Owner and district council is required. Gas tanks, if required must be of a design and type approved by the Site Owner. Both must be placed in a position indicated by the Site Owner.
8) Although an emergency water supply is provided in the park, every caravan must be equipped with its own fire extinguisher of suitable type.
9) Cars must be parked in the free parking space provided for one car per mobile home subject to: (i) that the car is in a roadworthy condition, (ii) is currently taxed and insured, (iii) that the 10mph limit on all roads is observed and (iv) please note that driving within the caravan park under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (illegal substances) is not permitted and may be open to prosecution.
10) Children: Parents must not allow their children to play uninvited, around other peoples’ caravans.
11) Visitors: Please use discretion in the number and frequency of your visitors; make quite sure that they do not infringe the rules nor cause any inconvenience or annoyance to your neighbours.
12) Rents to be paid by monthly standing order to Site Owners bank account on the due date (details will be provided).
13) Residents will be responsible for their own council tax on their mobile home.
14) Residents will be responsible for insurance of their own mobile home and the insurance certificate should be produced on request.
15) The water supply to the park is metered. No individual metering is currently available. The Site Owner may at his own discretion require a resident to reduce excessive use of said supply, and to impose a charge on an owner with a stand hose pipe. Water loss from leaking pipe work must be rectified immediately. The water supply is included as a proportion of site rental and is subject to increase when required.
16) Charges for rent and electricity may be varied from time to time, and residents will be given 28 days notice.