Bowland Fell Park is on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Bowland, a short distance from the Yorkshire Dales and only 30 miles from the Lake District. It’s the perfect home away from home for families of all ages. For all enquiries, call the office on 01729 840278.
Bowland Fell Park boasts a range of excellent facilities for all ages and requirements;
Crowtrees Inn was originally a 17th Century farmhouse and is packed with character and charm. For the summer months you can enjoy outdoor seating in our beer garden, and in the winter our log fire will keep you warm as you relax with your drink.
We serve a selection of local Real Ales and we are open every night as well as all day Saturday and Sunday.
Food is served from Friday to Sunday throughout the season and everything is homemade by our chef. We use locally sourced meat from Roy Porters Butchers in Chatburn and our desserts are all handmade on the premises.
Our games room is nearby to entertain the children and we will building a custom made outdoor play area later in the year for kids of all ages to play on.
Crowtrees Inn is open 7 days a week:
Monday to Thursday 7:00pm – 11:00pm
Friday 7:00pm – 11:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 12:00noon – 11:00pm
For further information call 01729 840278.
Free WIFI available
Our indoor heated swimming pool is open from 9am until 4pm every day from 1st March to 10th Jan.
Outdoor play area
The purpose built play area is great for younger children, with swings, slides and a climbing frame.
Shop and Front Desk
Our shop stocks everyday essentials as well as toys, sweets, cold drinks and daily newspapers. The front desk is manned from nine till five, seven days a week.
For wet weather days our games room has table football, ping pong and a pool table as well as a television to watch and a selection of books.
With two washers and two dryers as well as ironing facilities, the laundrette comes in handy and is open 24 hours a day.
For our guests’ peace of mind, we have a barrier system in operation which only allows access to park residents and their visitors. We also have a warden onsite.
Bowland Fell Park
Park Rules for Bowland Fell Park Residential.
Park Rules for Bowland Fell Park Holiday are below
In these rules:
• ‘occupier’ means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement.
• ‘you’ and ‘your’ refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home
• ‘we’ and ‘our’ refers to the park owner
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983 as amended.
None of the rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
• They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is -----; and
• No occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. Any shrubs alongside the road must not be more than 3ft tall to allow good visibility and keep the open aspect of the park.
3. You must not erect fencing or other means of enclosure.
4. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
5. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
6. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
7. You must obtain our written permission before any trees are cut down, lopped, topped, uprooted or felled, permission not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
8. You must not have more than:
(a) one shed and one greenhouse; or
(b) two greenhouses; or
(c) two sheds on the pitch.
Where you have sourced the shed or greenhouse yourself the design, standard and size of the shed 9must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position any shed or greenhouse so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of any shed or greenhouse shall not exceed 6ft x 4ft.
9. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed or greenhouse mentioned in rule 8 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
10. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
11. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
12. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
13. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve staff, other workers, customers or members of the public, physically calling at the park home or the park.
Age of Occupants
14. No person under the age of 50 years may reside in a park home on a permanent basis.
15. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
16. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
(a) Not more than 2 dogs (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and not allow it to despoil the park.
(b) Not more than 2 domestic cats. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park.
(c) Or one domestic cat and 1 dog as above.
(d) Not more than 2 caged birds in the park home or on the pitch.
The express terms of a homeowner’s agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals.
These rules do not have retrospective effect. If the keeping of the pet complied with the previous rules, an occupier will not be treated as being in breach when these rules take effect. However, when the pet dies or leaves it can only be replaced if this would comply with these rules.
17. Nothing in rule 16 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
18. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
Vehicles and Parking
19. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
20. There is only one permitted parking space per home on the park. If there is room to park a second vehicle on the park, you may park a second vehicle in any of the visitors’ spaces.
21. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
22. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
23. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
* light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
* Vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle, with the exception of taxis.
24. You must not park motor homes, trailers or tourers anywhere on the park.
25. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
26. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
27. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) Major vehicle repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine
(b) Works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
28. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence.
29. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour-scheme.
Bowland Fell Park Holiday Rules are below;
The pitch fees are payable as notified to you by the company and are non-transferable/refundable. Where notified a discount will be allowed for prompt payment.
Rates and service charges will be apportioned to each pitch and are payable on demand.
Interest at a rate of 2% per month will be charged on overdue accounts.
Electricity, mains switches, cut-outs and wiring must not be tampered with or altered in any way.
The permitted load 10 amp supply (2.2kw) must not be exceeded and in particular owners of caravans must restrict the use of electricity to TV, refrigerator, lights and small appliances. ELECTRICAL HEATING IS LIMITED TO LOW WATTAGE HEATERS ONLY. A charge will be made for the reconnection of the supply as a breach of this rule.
Electricity must be switched off at the mains switch when the caravan is unoccupied overnight.
NO CARAVAN MAY BE SUB-LET AT ANY TIME
All occupants will be subject to the park rules in force at the time.
When any person other than the owner occupies a caravan, the owner must give prior notice to the office of such occupation and such occupants must report to and sign in at the office upon arrival at the Park.
4. RE-SALE OF CARAVANS
The caravan owner must offer the caravan to the company at a fair market price less the commission referred to in 4.4.
In the event of the company not wishing to purchase the caravan prior permission to sell must be obtained from the company and this will only be granted at their absolute discretion and upon signing a conditions of sale agreement.
Full details both as to the identity of the proposed new owner and as to the conditions of sale must be supplied to the company through the office along with the total proceeds of the sale.
The company reserves the right to require the payment of a commission up to a maximum of 15% of the proceeds of sale of the caravan and to prescribe a minimum commission of £1000. VAT shall be paid upon such commission as appropriate.
The company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to require a caravan to be moved to a different pitch on any sale or transfer of ownership taking place.
Each caravan will be identified by the pitch number. The identification marking on the pitch or caravan must not be removed.
6. LIQUID PROPANE GAS
Liquid propane gas may only be obtained from the Park shop and may only be obtained during shop hours. It must be paid for on collection.
47kg gas cylinders are only permitted for gas centrally heated caravans.
A charge may be made for delivery.
No more than TWO cylinders per caravan are permitted except where prior permission has been granted (in writing).
Every caravan must be insured with a member of the British Insurance Association against loss or damage by theft, fire, storm and tempest and liability to any third party and other such risks that the company from time to time require and in such sums as the company may from time to time indicate.
The policy of such insurance and evidence that is valid, current and all premiums have been paid must be produced to the company annually.
Caravans must be in a sound and clean condition and decoration and external colours must be maintained to the satisfaction of the company. No caravan may have its colour changed without the written consent of the Company.
Caravans upon reaching the age of 18 years will be assessed as they are at the end of their lifespan on the Park.
Wheels and towing equipment must not be removed without permission of the Company.
No external structural alteration or additions to the caravan are permitted without prior approval of the Company. In particular, no steps, verandas, storage lockers or decks may be erected nor footpaths or parking spaces constructed without the consent of the Company. When approved the aforementioned must be maintained to an acceptable standard. Only approved materials and colours may be used for decks and skirting.
Television aerials must be of a tubular type and must be fastened to the structure of the caravans.
The Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to require a caravan to be moved to a different pitch upon serving a written notice to the last known address of the owner.
Only metal and flame resistant plastic storage lockers are allowed and prior permission must be obtained from the Park office before assembly/installation. All boxes must be sited on a flagged area and must be securely fixed to the flags. Lockers must not exceed 1.2m high, 2m wide and 0.9m deep.
9. THE PITCH
Each owner is responsible for the cleanliness/tidiness of the pitch and also the area underneath the caravan. Nothing may be stored on the ground underneath or on top of the caravan.
No gardens, excavations or holes may be dug or turf cut into in any way without the prior consent of the Company. If permission is granted the gardens must be kept neat and tidy at all times.
Fences of any description are not allowed. Driveways and landscaping may only be carried out after obtaining written consent from the Company, which may be withdrawn if any condition contained therein is not complied with. The Company reserves the right to remove any construction or landscaping without liability or compensation.
No trees, shrubs or plants may be planted, cut down removed or damaged without permission and the layout of the garden if so permitted must be maintained and kept in good order by the owner.
Refuse must be placed in the bins provided at the central dustbin compound. Garden refuse and grass cuttings should not be placed in the refuse bins but instructions for the disposal of such refuse can be sought from the Park office.
A charge will be made for maintaining neglected pitches.
10. MOTOR VEHICLES
Vehicles may only be parked in positions indicated by the site warden. No more than two motorcars will be permitted for each caravan. Each owner will provide hard standing as directed by the site warden for at least one car. Please use the car parking space allocated to you.
Only private motorcars may be brought onto or parked on the Park. Motorcycles must have prior permission from the Company to be brought onto the Park. No commercial vehicles, vans, wagons, touring caravans, caravanettes or boats may be brought on to the Park without prior permission from the Company.
ALL VEHICLES MUST BE DRIVEN CAREFULLY ON THE PARK AT SPEEDS NOT EXCEEDING 5MPH. All road signs instructions MUST be observed and the one-way system MUST be adhered to (except in exceptional circumstances).
Provisional licence holders are not permitted to drive any vehicle on the Park.
Vehicles must be kept to authorised parking spaces and to the roads, which must not be obstructed. Driving or parking on the grass is not permitted.
Vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by the law and drivers must hold a current driving licence and insurance certificates must be produced if required by the Company.
No disused vehicles may be parked on the Park at any time.
VEHICLES MUST NOT BE WASHED ON THE PARK. Caravans may be washed to maintain the condition.
11. WASHING FACILITIES
The Park provides a launderette for your use with washers and dryers. Under no circumstances whatsoever may washing be hung out on Sundays. Only approved drying racks may be used. Clothes lines must not be used.
12. SWIMMING POOL
Separate rules are applicable to the use of the swimming pool and are displayed on the pool entrance notice board.
In particular a responsible adult MUST supervise children 15 years of age and under.
CCTV is installed with one camera situated at the deep end of the pool, this has been installed for your own safety.
Owners are responsible for the behaviour of children on the Park and must ensure they are left in the care of a responsible adult when parents are away from the Park.
Children are not to play in or around the Park buildings or car park and MUST NOT play near the security barrier at any time.
A children’s play area is provided. Ball games are not allowed in any other places on the Park and should not cause nuisance to other Park users.
The use of bicycles is permitted but these must be ridden in a responsible manner. The road signs and one-way system must be observed. Cycles must not be ridden on the grass or between the caravans.
Only dogs, cats and domestic pets are allowed on the Park with the consent of the Company, which may be withdrawn at any time. Certain breeds of dog do require special consent by the Company; please contact the Site Manager for full details.
Any permitted pets must be kept under proper control and not allowed to despoil the Park or annoy any other occupiers. Dogs if permitted must be kept on a short lead and under control at all times.
Dogs must be exercised in the designated areas and are not allowed in the Park amenity buildings or children’s play area. THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE DOG MUST REMOVE ANY FOULING IMMEDIATELY AND DEPOSIT IT IN THE DOG WASTE BINS PROVIDED.
Dogs must not be left unattended inside or outside caravans. Barking must not be allowed so as to cause a nuisance.
15. FIRE PRECAUTIONS
A fire extinguisher must be installed in each caravan. It must be kept fully and properly serviced. The date of purchase and certificate of service must be produced on demand. It is recommended that fire extinguishers of the dry powder type of not less than 2lbs capacity should be installed in each caravan. It should be noted that other types of fire extinguishers could be dangerous in confined spaces.
It is forbidden for anyone, including children, to interfere with fire points and appliances, which are for use only in case of emergency.
Gas cylinders must not be placed inside caravans and no more than two cylinders per caravan are permitted outside the caravan. Portable LPG heaters cause excessive condensation and are a fire risk therefore their use is not permitted.
Musical instruments, CD players, radios and other appliances and also motor vehicles must not be used in any way so as to cause any form of nuisance to other occupiers or to the Company. In this and in all respects owners are responsible for the conduct of all their visitors and children.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THERE BE ANY NOISE SO AS TO CAUSE A NUISANCE TO OTHERS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11PM AND 9AM.
The Company reserves the right to terminate a licence to occupy a pitch as a consequence of the breach of rules or for any other reason whatsoever upon serving written notice to the last known address of the owner to that effect. The owner shall forthwith remove the caravan from the Park and forfeit the amount paid in respect of this pitch.
Failure to do so shall entitle the Company to remove and store the caravan. If any such caravan shall not be claimed and removed within 28 days from the pitch or place of storage and the expenses incurred by the Company in the removal and/or storage paid, the Company shall sell the caravan and contents and take the cost of such sales, removal and storage plus a selling commission of 15% of the sale price plus VAT from the proceeds of the sale. The Company shall not be responsible for injury or damage caused through such action.
18. PARK OFFICE
The Park office will be open at times, which will be displayed. Members of staff are only available during these office hours save in cases of genuine emergency. Outside office hours the privacy of staff should be respected.
Should you have any cause for complaint or grievances please contact the site manager during office hours.
Verbal or physical abuse of any member of staff will not be tolerated, your site licence maybe terminated.
Mail will be delivered to the Park office and may be collected from the shop during opening hours only. Telephone messages should not be left in the shop or office except in cases of emergency or unless agreement has been granted.
19. LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
The Company and it’s employees and agents shall not be liable for loss, theft or damage to or from any caravan or other property, not shall the Company be liable for any injury, accident or mishap to any person or property either on the Park or engaged in bathing, fishing or any other permitted or forbidden activity whether or not the same be caused or contributed to as a result of negligence or default on the part of the Company or it’s servants or agents whether the same occurred either during the period when the Park is open or during the closed season.
The Company shall not be held responsible for the loss or theft of any caravan keys.
The owner shall indemnify the Company and keep it indemnified from and against all actions, proceeding and claims by a third party in respect of any or all loss, damage or liability caused by or arising out of any neglect, default or wilful act of the owner or members of their household, guests or visitors.
The security barrier at the Park entrance will be operated at the Company’s discretion. Keys to raise the barrier are available from the Park office at the price of £20.00 each.
No firearms, explosives, offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence may be carried, kept or used on the Park or in any fields, property or otherwise in the surrounding area to the Park.
It is forbidden to interfere with or disturb any flora or fauna or trees on the Park.
Seven days notice in writing must be given before any caravan is removed from the Park and a removal charge will be made which must be paid in full before the caravan is removed.
No caravan should be used for sleeping more than the number of persons for which it was designed.
The Company reserves the right to refuse admission without assigning any reason therefore. In particular, parties of youths will not be allowed.
The Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure the availability of all amenities advertised in its brochures, sales literature or otherwise, but shall not be liable in respect of their non-availability.
No commercial enterprise or business activity may take place on the Park or from or in any caravan / lodge.
No caravan may bear any advertising matter other than the manufacturer’s name and no notices may be affixed on the Park.
No person suffering from infectious disease shall occupy a caravan on the Park.
Only qualified tradesmen who have from time to time been licensed in writing by the Company may work, trade, sell or buy on the Park.
Any major works/repairs must have prior authorisation from the Company and the work MUST be carried out during weekdays – Mondays to Fridays.
Owners are responsible for the behaviour of all their visitors, who must register and sign in at the Park office on arrival.
Owners and all occupants shall comply with all the requirements of the site licence and any other statutory body or authority.
ANY PERSON ENTERING THE PARK WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE AFOREMENTIONED RULES AND CONDITIONS AND THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER ANY OF THE RULES AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.