Burlingham Park is a residential park designed for retired and semi-retired buyers over the age of fifty located in a tranquil area only half a mile from the beautiful town of Garstang. The park is situated in a ten-minute walking distance of Cabus Spar and post office so essential supplies are within a short reach. At approximately the same distance of the park is Acresfield Health Club and Spa offering gym sessions, fitness classes and spa treatments, the centre also includes a pool, sauna and steam room. A seven-minute walk from the park takes you to The Crofters Hotel which features The Tavern Bar and Restaurant perfect for a quick-to-go-to drink or meal with friends and family. A bus stop is located within a six-minute walking distance. Burlingham Park is situated in the world’s first Fairtrade town town Garstang and is under a mile from the town centre.
Garstang has a weekly market which has been running since the thirteen-hundreds selling a large range of local foodstuffs produce as well as household items, clothes and more. Alongside the market- the high street is also home to a large range of independent retailers and cafes making Garstang the ideal town for a leisurely browse followed by coffee and cake. Garstang is also the ideal walking destination with its picturesque backdrops such as that of the town’s Millennium Green which is located on the western bank of the River Wyre and has been set aside for wildlife conservation and for those interested in the towns history Heritage trail walks are also available which provide opportunity to explore both the town’s architectural beauty and deep-rooted history.
Burlingham Park location
Burlingham park is also located within close proximity of the M6 which runs from near Rugby up to Carlisle. This provides easy access to the cities of both Lancaster and Preston with both being approximately half-an-hour travel in the car. Lancaster is deep-rooted in history and has stunning Georgian architecture. The city offers a perfect day out with its famous Williamson Park, a scenic natural setting home to the stunning butterfly house. Lancaster is also brilliant shopping location and is renowned for its quirky boutiques and independent stores and Charter Market which is open twice-weekly and is home to over forty stalls with a wide selection of goods from homemade foods to clothes. The city offers leisurely activities for the grandchildren such as Energy Indoor Soft Play as well as great family days out at Lancaster Canal Cruises and Waterbus and Lancaster Castle. Within Preston city is the beautifully-designed Guild Hall- home to music concerts, dramatics, ballroom dancing, bingo and much more. Eateries within Preston range from loved chain restaurants such as and cafes as well as local pubs and quirky independent coffee shops, bars and fine-diners. Also half-an-hour from Burlingham Park via the M6, is the Lake District National Park. The popular holiday destination is famous for its lakes, forests and mountains and is commonly visited by walkers wishing to explore beautiful, natural wildlife. The Lake District is perfect for a day out with the family with attractions such as Ullswater ‘Steamers’ for a leisurely cruise around the districts waterways and Treetop Nets- giant trampolines within the trees perfect for grandchildren. The park offers twelve-months of occupancy and the ownership is member of the BH&HPA. All homes are Council Tax Band A.
The following park rules form part of the agreement by which you occupy your pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983. They have not been compiled to place unnecessary restrictions on residents, but rather to ensure that they may live peacefully in unspoilt surroundings. We are sure that, provided the rules are accepted in the right spirit, our park will continue to be happy a community.
1. Burlingham is a park for the retired and semi retired (those of 50 years of age and older only). No children are to be residents on the park.
2. Only park homes of propriety manufacture, which conform to the definitions contained n the relevant Act of Parliament, are accepted.
3. All occupiers must purchase home insurance with a reputable company.
4. Homes must be kept in a sound and clean condition, decoration and external colour must be maintained to the satisfaction of the Company. External Cladding: only reputable firms/contractors to be used, (those who issue and stand by a Grantee). Occupiers should maintain the plot allocated in a tidy condition. No tree, invasive shrubs, fence or other means of enclosure shall be allowed without the approval of the Company. Where a change of occupancy occurs it may be a requirement that fencing or any other means of the plot shall be removed. The ditch on the perimeter of the park must not be used as a dumping ground. It is essential for the natural drainage of the park.
5. Porches, storage sheds, fuel bunkers or other structures, such as aerials for T.V. etc are only permitted with the approval of the Company and are subject to site licence conditions (dictated by Wyre Borough Council). All of these structures must be built using only none combustible materials.
6. Plans of any proposed improvements or alterations must be submitted in writing to the Company, and permission received in writing form the Company before these improvements or alterations are undertaken.
7. Occupiers are responsible for ensuring that electrical, solid fuel, oil and gas installations comply with the requirements of the various bodies of the authority. Each home must have a fire blanket and powder fire extinguisher. External fires are forbidden.
8. Occupiers are responsible for the disposal of all household and garden waste in the approved containers through the local authority service. Containers must be placed in the approved position for weekly collections. The deposit of any refuse on any part of the Company’s land is strictly prohibited.
9. The prior written approval of the Company must be obtained before refuse skips can be brought onto the park.
10. No commercial enterprise of business activities may take place on the park.
11. All vehicles must be driven slowly and with great care whilst on the park, not exceeding the seep limit of 5mph.
12. Musical instruments’, TV’s, radios etc, other appliances and motor vehicles must not be used in such a manner as to cause a nuisance to others. This applies especially between the hours of 11p.m. and 8am.
13. The roads must not be allowed to be used as a play area e.g. for ball games etc.
14. Occupiers are allowed one car to each home. A charge is made to residents needing to park a second car. Motor lorries and commercial vans, boats, trailers etc are not permitted. Noisy vehicles are not allowed on the park. Owners and/or users of vehicles and motorcycles are responsible for any damage caused and all vehicles must be licensed and insured as required by law. Drivers must hold a valid and current drivers licence and on no account must an unlicensed or uninsured vehicle or motorcycle be used or parked on the site. Disused vehicles must be removed from the park.
15. In the event of a Park Home being sold, which is on a flag base, we stress that is must be subject to an independent site and home survey.
16. The Occupier must provide a letterbox slot in a suitable position. The plot on which the home is situated must also be clearly numbered.
17. Washing must not be hung out on Saturday afternoons, Sundays or Bank Holidays.
18. Pets are permitted only at the Company’s discretion, and no more that one dog or one cat in each home at any one time. In the case of dogs and cats, these animals must b e kept under proper control at all times and must not be allowed to deposit on the park. Dogs must be kept on a lead when beyond the occupier’s boundaries. Large dogs are not permitted on the park at any time.
19. It is forbidden to carry offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence on the park.
20. Access is not permitted to vacant plots. All materials and flora and fauna on such plots are the property of the Company.
21. Hosepipes must be used with discretion, as this will affect the water charges. An environmentally friendly alternative is the use of a water butt.
22. Subletting of hiring of the park home is unreservedly forbidden. Any breach of this condition will result in the immediate termination of the pitch.
23. Residents must ensure that their visitors are aware of the Park Rules.