In these rules: § “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement § “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home § “we” and “our” refers to the park owner. These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended. The rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home, with 3 exceptions. The only rules which do not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 1, 22 and 23 about the exterior of the home and compliance with safety legislation as someone renting their home would not be responsible for the exterior maintenance of the home or for ensuring compliance with safety legislation on appliances supplied with the home. None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly: § they are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 10 January 2015; and no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
1. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior of the colour scheme. Condition of Pitch
2. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for loss or damage arising on the Park unless caused as a result of our own negligence or breach of duty.
3. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
4. Trees and shrubs must not be permitted to grow to a size or shape so as to interfere with a neighbor's pitch. Trees and shrubs may not be cut down, removed or damaged and gardens must be left intact when the occupier vacates the pitch.
5. You must not erect fences on the boundary of your pitch. Trees or hedges as a means of enclosure are acceptable providing the trees or hedges planted do not exceed the height of comparable means of enclosure on other pitches and comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. Age of Occupants. No person under the age of 45 years may reside in a park home with the exception of the owner, the owner’s family, or any employee of the owner. For the avoidance of any doubt, no children may reside permanently in the park home. Business Activities
7. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park. Nuisance
8. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers.
9. No occupier shall do or permit to be done anywhere on the Park any action or act which may be or become a nuisance, damage, annoyance or inconvenience to us or the neighbours or occupiers of any other home on the Park or to any adjoining or Organford Manor Country Park Homes Organford Road, Poole,Dorset, BH16-6ES neighbouring property and shall not use or permit the home to be used for immoral or illegal purposes. Occupiers will be held responsible at all times for the conduct of their children/grandchildren who shall not be permitted to play on or around any public building, on the car parks or roads or in the entrance to the Park. Pets
10. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following: • Small/medium dogs (but no breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991); Dogs must be kept under proper control and on a short lead if walking around the park and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. If you do not keep your dog on a short lead and have already received two warnings for not doing so, at the third occurrence, you will be asked to remove your dog from the park. You must clean up after your dog if it despoils on the park. Visitors who also bring dogs on to the park are also expected to follow the above rules. • Domestic cats. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park. • Pets or animals in the home. Any pet or animal (but not reptiles) which are housed in a cage, aquarium or similar and remain at all times within your home. Note The express terms of a homeowner’s agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals. A similar requirement not to cause a nuisance applies to tenants and again this includes the behaviour of pets and animals. Note Nothing in the rule on dogs prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence. Storage
11. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself, the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval with not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements.
12. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed mentioned in rule
15 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
13. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home. Refuse
14. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the Local Authority Service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
15. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch). Vehicle Parking
16. a. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including: • Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and • Vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle This rule does not apply to the owner, the owner’s family or any employee of the owner. b. All vehicles must be driven carefully on the park, not exceeding the displayed speed limit. Parking is not permitted on roads or grass verges. c. Vehicles must keep to authorised parking spaces; we have provided one car parking space per park home. Occupiers with more than one vehicle and visitors will be obliged to park their vehicles off the park unless there is parking available on site in the visitors parking or there is room to park on the pitch and is parked so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. d. All vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by law and be in running order with a valid MOT. Drivers must hold a current driving licence and validated vehicle insurance. e. Disused/unroadworthy vehicles must be removed from the park and we reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned. f. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park or on an individual pitch: • major vehicles repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine; • works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels. g. You must not park or allowing the parking of Camper Vans and touring caravans / tow-a-van / trailers or boats on the park unless you are loading or unloading a Camper Van or touring caravan and the Camper Van and touring caravan is subsequently removed from the park. Weapons
17. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence on the park. You must hold the appropriate licence and ensure that they securely stored in accordance with that licence.
18. Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Building materials or other plant must be left undisturbed. Water
19. The use of hose pipes is permitted unless the Water Authority decide to impose a ban on their usage. You must not permit any matter which is likely to cause blockage or damage to pass into water closets, gullies or drains.
20. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage. Other
21. It’s recommended that all park homes be equipped with a fire extinguisher/blanket which conforms to the requirements of fire safety legislation and advice. Sparks or objectionable smoke should not come from the chimney flue and cowl.
22. You must not use the fire points provided for other than the emergency use intended. 23. It’s recommended you ensure all electrical, solid fuel, oil and gas installations comply at all times with the relevant safety standards.
24. External fires, including incinerators are not allowed.
25. You must not interfere with the boundary hedges to the Park which are maintained by us.
26. No inflammable or explosive substances may be kept on the occupiers' pitch except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
27. Rotary washing lines and clothes lines are permitted provided they are located to the rear of the park home and cannot be close to the road side. 28. Wheels must not be removed, nor the home repositioned without permission. No external alteration of or works done to the pitch is permitted without our prior permission (permission not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed).