Glenfield Leisure Park is a holiday park designed for mature buyers and situated in the rural countryside village of Pilling within the pastoral Wyre borough and in close distance to the lively city of Lancaster and seaside resort of Blackpool. Residential homes can also be bought at the parks new establishment “The Meadows.”
Glenfield Leisure Park Location
Static caravans and lodges here are surrounded by open fields giving it a tranquil natural setting which is completed through the trees, flowers and gardens in the park. Dog walking areas are featured within the park as is a well-stocked fishing lake. The park contains a range of statues and fountains, vintage street lighting and is completely flat with all tarmac roads. The park is well secured through a security barrier and twenty-four-hour CCTV and free WiFi is also available on the park.
The park also features “The Meadows” adjoined to the main park which is a private area dedicated to residential homes. Each home has its own private driveway, landscaped gardens, balcony and veranda and is connected to mains gas, mains water and BT line.
Glenfield is located at a five-minute walk from a bus stop where bus services from Kirby Lonsdale to Kendal and Knott End to Lancaster run. The village centre of Pilling is half a mile from the park. The small village is home to local shops, The Golden Ball pub - which features sets of Bowls available for hire, and Pilling Pottery studio where different artistic and ceramics classes are held.
Knott-End-On-Sea is just under four-miles from the development and is home to cafes, takeaways, a post office, convenience stores, a bakery and The Bourne Arms pub which features a beer garden and has stunning views over-looking the bay to the Lake District. The village of Knott-End has a Golf Club with its own clubhouse serving food and drink and a ferry service that takes you to the seaside market town of Fleetwood in less than ten-minutes giving easy access to the many shops, beautiful pier and famous market.
The site is situated at a twenty-four-minute drive from the university city of Lancaster. The city is famous for its quirky independent retailers and stunning Georgian architecture which can be explored through the city’s many heritage trails. The city has a great range of eateries from local independent to well-loved chain cafes, restaurants and bars. Within the city is the well-visited Lancaster Castle and Williamson Park which features a beautiful tropical butterfly house.
The park is located conveniently off the M6 giving ease of access to the town of Blackpool. Blackpool makes a perfect family day out with grandchildren due to its many child-friendly attractions including The Sandcastle water park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach theme park. The town is well-known for its iconic Blackpool Tower and the picturesque Blackpool Illuminations. The park is established through UK Leisure Parks- a family-owned company with over twenty years of experience.
Glenfield Leisure Park
Smallwood Hey Road
SITE RULES FOR HOLIDAY HOME OWNERS ONLY. THIS CARAVAN PARK IS FOR HOLIDAY USE ONLY, IT IS NOT A RESIDENTIAL SITE. THIS CANNOT BE YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS. THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE PARK IS 5MPH ALL HOUSEHOLD WASTE MUST BE DISPOSED BY THE HOLIDAY MAKER. BINS PROVIDED AT THE SIDE OF RECEPTION.
1. Sub-letting is strictly forbidden. The Management must be notified when a person other that the owners is to use the holiday home.
2. Vehicles. A clear way must be left at all times on the road around the park to allow free passage for vehicles. Visitors must use the car park provided. Parking on the grass is not allowed. No more than one car may be parked at each holiday home. Speed should be kept to a maximum of 5MPH at all times. No vehicles except a private car is permitted on the park, motor homes, lorries, vans. Commercial vehicles of any sort are not permitted only by prior arrangements. No driving lessons can be given on the park and learners are not permitted to drive around the park. Only vehicles taxed and insured for use on public roads may be kept on the park, we will remove any disused or broken down vehicles. Motor vehicle repairs cannot be carried out on the park but a recognised breakdown service taxed an insured for the use on public roads may be kept, we will remove any disused or broken down vehicles. Motor vehicle repairs cannot be carried out on the park but a recognised breakdown service may. Washing cars with hosepipe, or fire hoses in not permitted.
3. Cleanliness. Holiday homes must be kept in a neat and tidy condition. All garden rubbish, grass cuttings, boxes must be removed for the site by the holiday homeowner. We are still encountering problems with people ignoring this rule. All Xmas trees and decorations to be removed by yourself and put in the bins provided by the park
4. Clotheslines must not be erected on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. 5. No firearms, air pistols, catapult and fireworks allowed on the park. 6. For the benefit of the majority of holiday homeowner who would like a peaceful night, please refrain for causing undue noise between 11pm - 1am. Noise should be kept to a minimum at all times.
7. Hose pipe, power washers are not permitted on the park.
8. Satellite TV-please notify reception before having this installed.
9. Sheds - see reception.
10. Pets - Dogs to be kept on a short lead at all times. Exercise off the park. Please clean up after your pet. Not cleaning up after your pet will result in a £40.00 fine. Dogs are permitted at our discretion and individual consent must be sough before any dog is brought to the park. The permission for a dog may be withdrawn if the animal is a nuisance. (2 dogs max).
11. No DHSS (Housing benefit) allowed.
12. All holiday homes must be purchased or sold through the park office. Holiday homes may offered for re-sale on the park through the proprietor and only if the condition is of an acceptable standard. Any holiday home which has to be removed from the park due to its age or condition will be subject to s disconnection fee of £550.00 + VAT which will be payable before the caravan/lodge is removed off the site. No for sale signs to be displayed on private caravan sales.
13. On the sale of your caravan there will be 15% commission charge + VAT. All caravans re-sold is subject to Glass's guide recommended retails price.
14. All holiday homes should be fully insure through the park.
15. All monies or deposits are non-refundable. 16. Evidence of your permanent address must be supplied. This address cannot be your main address and the park address should not be used for deliveries of post.
17. No holiday home shall be used for sleeping a number of persons greater that the number for which it was designed.
18. The park is open for occupation between February 8th - 31st January.
19. The park is private and we reserve the right to refuse anyone other than you and those lawfully staying with your permission to enter the park. 20. Visitors must leave the park 11.00pm 21. We do not permit traders or salesmen access to the park except with prior consent.
22. It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors abide by the park rules.
23. We are entitled to eject anyone form the park who persistently acts in a manner likely to upset or annoy others this includes staff.
24. The colour of the exterior of the holiday home cannot be changed.
25. The holiday home must be maintained in a state capable of movement but must not be moved off the pitch without prior consent in writing.
26. Nothing may be displayed in the windows or on the exterior of the holiday home except its number or a nameplate of a reasonable size.
27. We must be supplied with a key for each holiday home.
28. All veranda\\\'s and balcony must be purchased through the office.
29. You must not install slabs or paving without first obtaining written permission form the office. 30. You are responsible for the cleanliness of the holiday pitch, and for keeping the area around home clean and tidy.
31. End of season - It is your responsibility to drain down and prepare the holiday home for the winter.
32. We advise all gas, electricity and water connections must be switched off in the winter.
33. During the closed season curtains of your holiday home should be drawn back and all items of value removed.
34. The owner shall be solely responsible for securing the holiday home and shall ensure that the caravan and its contents are adequately insured throughout the closed season against all usual risks including floor, storm damage and tempest.
35. MAXIMUM OF 2 GAS BOTTLES PER HOLIDAY HOME (HEALTH & SAFETY) gas bottles must be paid for at the time of ordering.
36. If you have any problems with electric, gas or water systems please contact reception. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SOLVE IT YOURSELF. Do not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, baby’s nappies, sanitary towels and condoms, cooking fat engine oil, grease or paint. No tents permitted on the park.
37. We do not permit the erecting of fences or any means of enclosure of a holiday home pitch.
38. You are not allowed to cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any trees or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory please take the matter up with reception.
39. You, must not dig any holes around the park.
40. Quad bikes, trial bikes are not permitted on the park.
41. CHILDREN AND RECREATION. Children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Children must be supervised at all times so that they are not a nuisance to themselves or others. No ball games allowed on the park. Kites must not be flown on the park. No roller-skating, rollerblading or micro scooters.
42. FIRE PRECAUTIONS. The holiday home must be equipped with adequate fire fighting equipment. As a minimum this should be 1kg fire extinguisher, smoke detector and fire blanket. All equipment must be maintained in a good condition and full working order.
43. Fire hoses only to be used in the event of fire. Not to be used for washing cars etc.
44. It is your responsibility to ensure that all occupants of your holiday home are familiar with the location of the fire points and the contents of the fire notices displayed at each point. No fuels or combustible material other than LGP containers may be stored on the park.
HOLIDAY HOMES SHOULD BE CLEARLY NUMBERED. THESE RULES ARE DRAWN UP TO ENSURE THE COMFORT AND WELL BEING OF ALL OUR HOLIDAY HOME OWNERS.