Preface In these rules:
“Occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement.
“You” and “Your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home.
“We” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to the occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home. The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 29 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 6th December 2014 and
No occupier who is in an occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and any employees, with the exception of rule 24.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure in the separation space between homes, so as to comply with the parks site licence conditions and fire safety regulations. Other fences or means of the enclosure must not be erected unless they are less than 1 metre in height and you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). 3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators. No Chinese Lanterns to be lit or set off from the Park. Gas BBQs are permitted provided that they are not stored or used within the separation space. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep explosive substances on the park, including fireworks. Storage
6. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself, the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed 1.85 x 2.45 metres.
7. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed mentioned in rule 6 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority. 2
8. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety regulations. The separation space is space between your park home and any neighbouring home. Refuse - Where waste is collected by the Local Authority
9. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the Local Authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
10. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch). Business Activities
11. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type, which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park. Age of occupants
12. No person under the age of 45 years may reside in a park home.
13. You must not cause any noise (e.g. musical instruments, all forms of music players, including radios, household appliances or tools and use of motor vehicles) so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30 p.m. and 8.00 a.m.
14. You must not keep any pet or animal at the park home or on the pitch except those which are housed in a cage, aquarium or similar and remain at all times within your home.
15. Nothing in Rule 14 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
16. You must only use fire point hoses in case of fire.
17. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage. 18. No item other than toilet tissue will be placed in the drains. Costs associated with the unblocking of drains caused by inappropriate items, e.g. clothes, paper towels, etc. will be re-charged to occupiers.
Vehicles and Parking
19. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
20. You may park a second vehicle free of charge if you lease a garage on the park. Alternatively, a separate parking space may be available for an additional fee. Additional parking spaces are subject to availability.
21. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
22. There are no designated parking spaces in the park.
23. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces. 3
24. Other than delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park (with the exceptions of commercial vehicles operated by the Park Owner and their family, Site Manager, etc.) including
Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
Vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle.
Vehicles such as motor homes, touring caravans, etc.
25. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of the law and is in a roadworthy condition.
26. Disused or un-roadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere in the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
27. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
Major vehicle repairs including the dismantling of the part(s) of the engine
Works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels
28. You must not display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence.
29. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or re-covered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour scheme.