Over in Shropshire, a park named after a historic railway station has also been catching our eye, and the heritage of the site has been incorporated into the development, so although it's a new development it's very well-grounded already. As with all Avon Estates' parks, the groundworks here stand out compared to many parks, creating a wonderful environment to retreat to, with views out over the Shropshire Hills and Wenlock Edge and in an Area of Outstanding Beauty. If you like a walk you'll enjoy this spot as there are plenty of good walks from the park, and it's pet-friendly, as are all Avon Estates' residential parks, so a home here will keep everyone well exercised!
You can be a bit of a youngster to live here too, as the park licence allows over 45's to buy - no need to wait until the big 5-0 before you make that move - you can get on with it now and move into a home with much less maintenance, or perhaps release a bit of equity to go and live a little! This is a good-sized park of just over 10 acres and although it's well established there are still plenty of plots to choose from, so now's a good time to have a look and select your own unique view of the open countryside - perfect!
Park Rules In these rules Condition of the Pitch
1. Occupiers should maintain their plot in a tidy condition. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless they are concrete or metal to comply with Fire Regulations and you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park's site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. No external alteration or addition to the home or pitch is permitted without the park owners permission (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.)
3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep explosive substances on the park. Storage
6. You must not have more than two sheds on your pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the sheds so as to comply with the park's site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed the park's site licence conditions.
7. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the sheds mentioned in rule 6 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
8. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park's site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home. Refuse
9. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
10. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
11. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park. Age of Occupants
12. All Residents must be 50 years of age or above to reside on Park. Occupiers will be held responsible for the conduct of their visitors at all times. No Subletting of the home, lodgers are not permitted. Carers/Family or Private Carers residing to look after elderly Residents who are in receipt of Carers allowance must be authorised by Park Owner and proof supplied to us in writing. (Permission will not be unreasonably withheld). â€œOccupierâ€ means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement. â€œYouâ€ and â€œyourâ€ refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home. â€œWeâ€ and â€œourâ€ refers to the park owner. These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended. Family members of Residents, in exceptional circumstances, with written permission every 3 months (which will not be unreasonable withheld) may be allowed to reside on Park. Noise Nuisance
13. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am. Pets
14. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
â€¢ Not more than 1 dog (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash and must not allow it to despoil the park.
â€¢ Not more than 1 domestic cat. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park.
15. Nothing in rule 14 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence. Water
16. Where water is not separately metered at the park home or not separately charged you must not use hoses, except in case of fire.
17. You must only use fire point hydrants in case of fire. 18. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage. Vehicles and Parking
19. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
20. You must not park more than 2 vehicles on the park.
21. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
22. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
23. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including: Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle. Vehicles such as motorhomes and touring caravans with the exceptions of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner and their staff.
24. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
25. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
26. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park: (a) major vehicles repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine. (b) works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels. Weapons
27. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence. External Decoration 28. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour-scheme. Mobile Homes Act Presthope Grange Park is covered by the provisions laid down in the Mobile Homes Act of 2013. This legislation sets out a proper code of conduct for those who run mobile home parks as well as those who are resident on them. We recommend that you study the act in full before agreeing to the purchase of a home at Presthope Grange Park.