Occupying an enviable location with panoramic views over the Firth of Forth, Sandhills Holiday Park is a real Scottish gem. Located in the centre of a Site of Special Scientific Interest, the park has been recognised for the role it has played in caring for the environment. The site layout, tidiness, beautiful landscaping and remarkable efforts to attract wildlife have seen Sandhills win the coveted Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award every year for almost two decades.
Efforts to enhance the natural environment have included the construction of a pond under a small waterfall. The park owns the beach below its glorious cliff top position and takes great pride in the conservation of rare plants and grasses. Residents have direct access to the private beach.
With less than 50 static caravans, Sandhills Park caters for those who want to enjoy a tranquil setting and stunning scenery. Residents can enjoy leisurely strolls, swim in the Forth and enjoy the numerous local attractions. Activities on offer nearby include sailing, fishing, horse riding and, of course, golf. Kinghorn and Doghead golf courses are within a few minutes drive from the park, as are the Old and New courses at St Andrew’s.
Offering outstanding views in a stunning setting, Sandhills Park is a fabulous holiday choice. It is located less than an hour’s drive from vibrant Edinburgh.
Getting There: From Edinburgh, follow directions to Kinghorn. Take the A921. The park is on the right along the A921 route.
- Outstanding costal location
- 11 month holiday season
- Beautifully kept site
- Private beach
- In a Site of Special Scientific Interest
- Small, exclusive static caravan development
- The Ecology Centre, Fife - http://www.theecologycentre.org/
- Fourth Bridge - https://www.networkrail.co.uk/feeds/forth-bridge-offers-platform-to-celebrate-queensferry-crossing/
- Falkland Palace and Garden - https://www.networkrail.co.uk/feeds/forth-bridge-offers-platform-to-celebrate-queensferry-crossing/
- Kirkcaldy Galleries - http://www.onfife.com/venues/kirkcaldy-galleries
- Pittenween Harbour - http://pittenweemharbour.co.uk/