Just 200 metres away from the beach, Silecroft Holiday Park sits in an enviable seafront location on the Cumbrian coast. With views stretching across the Irish sea, to the Cumbrian mountains and the shimmering expanse of the Lake District, this is a truly stunning spot. As well as providing modern caravan accommodation, Silecroft Holiday Park boasts a leisure complex and a children’s play area.
Located near Whicham, this is a perfect base for those who enjoy coast and country. It’s great for traditional seaside holidays as well as for exploring mountains and the Lake District. Whicham is the favoured starting point for ascents of Black Combe. A shop and pub can be found in the village.
Just 10 miles from the park, you can hop aboard the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Starting from the only coastal village in the Lake District National Park, this train will take you along seven miles of estuary and hills to Boot Station. Munchester Castle is another great family day out. Here you can discover haunting tales, Himalayan gardens, bluebell woods and visit the castle’s hawk and owl centre. Other features include a maze, adventure playgrounds and an enchanted trail.
Silecroft Holiday Park is a fabulous place for people of all ages. It is somewhere you can just sit back and relax while admiring the views or get up and do something completely exhilarating.
Getting There: From Whicham, head south-west on the A595 towards the A5093. Turn left onto A5093 and then urn right onto Main Street. Turn left onto Seldom Seen Lane and you will see the holiday park.
- Long holiday season
- Stunning costal location
- Leisure facilities on-site
- Close to Cumbria’s mountains and the Lake District
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway - https://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/ravenglass-and-eskdale-railway
- Munchester Castle - http://www.muncaster.co.uk/
- South Lakes Safari Zoo - http://www.southlakessafarizoo.com/
- Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre - https://www.murthwaitegreen.co.uk/
- Laurel and Hardy Museum - http://www.laurel-and-hardy.co.uk/index.php
Silecroft Holiday Park