Strande Park is situated near the banks of the River Thames within the picturesque village of Cookham, providing a range of amenities including; restaurants, shops, pubs, cafes and even an art gallery dedicated to the life and work of local artist Stanley Spencer!
For those wanting to travel further out Cookham has excellent public transport links with London being just an hour journey on the train. The nearest town is Maidenhead, with its own shopping centre, cinema, zoo, and golf course. Also nearby are the towns of Windsor and Slough.
The park is home to a relaxed community providing an escape from the hustle and bustle of city living, with the surrounding area having plenty of opportunities for woodland walks, one of which is listed on the Natural Trust website.
- Over-50s only
- Homes come with gardens and parking
- Well-managed and maintained site
- Cookham Village - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g790315-Cookham_Windsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England-Vacations.html
- National Trust Walks - https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/maidenhead-and-cookham-commons/trails/cookham-and-cock-marsh-walk
- London (1-2 hours Driving/Public transport)- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g186338-London_England-Vacations.html
- Maidenhead - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g186418-Maidenhead_Windsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England-Vacations.html
- Stanley Spencer Gallery - http://www.stanleyspencer.org.uk/