The Moorlands is a peaceful park situated in the picturesque rural Saddleworth Moors in the outskirts of Oldham surrounded by countryside views. The park has a fantastic range of fully-furbished luxury homes in various plot sizes and designs, perfect for residents looking to downgrade their brick homes to a contemporary yet smaller and cheaper home. The park is a family-run business with a good community-spirit feel. Residents can also benefit the stunning Pennine Moor scenery and the Pennine Bridleway picturesque walk-way on the park’s doorstep. The village of Saddleworth is a quick-walk from the park entrance and includes amenities such as a library and leisure centre. The village is also home to a golf club as well as local cafes and pubs.
Oldham town is less than a twenty-minute drive away from the park and has much to explore including a busy high-street with a extensive collection of shops and town markets with an interesting and wide variety of stalls. There are stunning parks and gardens in Oldham including the Victorian Alexandra Park which has a good-history. Residents may choose to go to Oldham Gallery with visiting family and enjoy an interesting collection of exhibits suited for all ages. Further from Oldham- the busy cultural cities of Manchester and Leeds can also be easily accessed from the park.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your
home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure around your home, unless you have obtained our approval in writing .
3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities
reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
6. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you
source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be
approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed
unreasonably). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s
site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not
Where waste is collected by the local authority
7. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and
garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service.
You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved
position for the local authority collections.
8. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the
park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the
pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last
used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work
individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does
not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff,
other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home
or the park.
Age of Occupants
9. No person under the age of 55 years may reside in a park home
10. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music
players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to
cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of
10.30pm and 8.00am.
11.You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
- Not more than 1 dog (other than any of the breeds
subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at
all, THE FOLLOWING DOGS WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO RESIDE ON THE PARK WITH NO EXCEPTION, THE PARK MANAGEMENT WILL REFUSE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DOGS ONTO THE PARK AS RESIDENT. THESE DOGS INCLUDE ALL CROSS BREEDS WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DOGS.
Staffordshire bull terriers
Pitt bull terriers
English Bull Terriers
Dobermans (Dobermans Pinchers)
American Bull Dogs).
You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not
permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog
on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil
- Not more than 1 domestic cat. You must keep any cat
under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of
the park, or to despoil the park.
12. Nothing of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an
assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance
Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book
or other appropriate evidence.
Water, Electricity, & gas
13. Where water is not separately metered at the park home or not
separately charged you must not use hoses, except in case of fire.
14. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.25
It is a legal requirement that any electrical work must be carried out by a fully qualified electrician who is a registered member of an approved body such as the NICEIC.
Electricity will be metered and charged quarterly along with a meter charge, payment for which will be due immediately on receipt of invoice.
It is a legal requirement that any work done on the gas system must be carried out by a GAS SAFE (LPG) registered fitter. Copies of certificates must be produced if requested by the owner.
Gas ( LPG ). The owner will remove all empties which are disconnected and will deliver all full bottles direct to the occupier’s site. Deliveries by third parties are not allowed. Carriage of gas in vehicles is not allowed anywhere on the site.
Vehicles and parking
15. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed
speed limit. 5 M.P.H
16. You must not park anywhere except in the parking
space[s] allocated to your home.
17. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
18. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow
parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle
taxation legislation and
vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from
such a commercial vehicle
19. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any
vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the
park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a
20. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the
park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently
21. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) major vehicles repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine
(b) works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
22. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons
(including crossbows) on the park and you may not keep them on the pitch
or in your home.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE.
23. The owner and his employees and agents shall not be liable whatsoever for loss or theft of, or damage or loss to, or theft from, any mobile home or other vehicle or property whatsoever.
The owner shall not be liable whatsoever for the loss of any mobile home keys.
Further, the occupier shall indemnify the owner and keep him indemnified from and against all actions, proceedings and claims by a third party in respect of all and any loss, damage or liability caused by or arising out of neglect or default or wilful act of the occupier or members of his household or guests or visitors.
The occupier also agrees and covenants to insure and keep insured the mobile home and its contents with a member of the British Insurance Association against loss or damage by theft, fire, storm and tempest and liability to any third party and such other risks.
That the owner may from time to time reasonably require them to produce to the owner, upon request, the policy of such insurance and such evidence that the owner may reasonably require that the policy is valid, current and all premiums have been paid.
24. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean
and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners
must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior
THESE RULES ARE ENFORCED FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OCCUPIERS. ANY VIOLATION OF THE REGULATIONS WILL BE INFORMED IN WRITING AND THE OCCUPIER WILL BE GIVEN 14 DAYS TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS WILL BE TAKEN AS A MUTUAL TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT AND THE PARK HOME MUST BE REMOVED WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THIS POINT.