Whitehouse Residential Park is a quiet residential park with eighteen residential park homes. Located along a quiet road off the A6.
The park is 40 yards from bus stop on A6 Lancaster Road, Cabus, Near Garstang, Preston.
Whitehouse Residential Park
In these rules:-
• “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement
• “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home
• “We” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home.
The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 29 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
• They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 17th February 2015; and
• No occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been breach of the rules in existence before that date.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage area.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless they are in keeping with the park and you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
6. Private gardens must be kept neat and tidy.
7. You must maintain your pitch, including any outbuildings, belonging to or enjoyed with the pitch, in a clean and tidy condition.
8. You must not have two storage sheds on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements.
9. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the sheds mentioned in rule 8 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
10. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighboring home.
Where waste is collected by the local authority
11. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
12. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
13. You must not use the park home, pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the home or the park.
Age of Occupants
14. No persons under the age of 50 years may reside in the park home, with the exception of the park owner, their family or existing occupiers.
15. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
Not more than 1 dog (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil the park.
Cats are not permitted on the park.
The express terms of the homeowner’s agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals. A similar requirement not to cause a nuisance applies to tenants and again this includes the behaviour of pets and animals.
These rules do not have retrospective effect. If the keeping of the pet complied with the previous rules, an occupier will not be treated as being in breach when these rules take effect. However, when the pet dies or leaves it can only be replaced if this would comply with these rules.
Pet rule where control on dogs are proposed through the rules.
16. Nothing in rule 15 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dog UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
Vehicles and parking
17. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
18. Any visitor to the park must park their vehicle on the car park in the spaces reserved for visitors.
19. Touring caravans/Campervans must not be parked on the park and may only be parked on the car park with the written consent from the park owner.
20. You must not park more than one vehicle on the park.
21. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
22. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
23. Priority must be given to vehicles accessing Whitehouse Residential Park from the A6.
24. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
• Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
• Vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle
(With the exceptions of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner and their family)
25. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in roadworthy condition.
26. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
27. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) major vehicle repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine
(b) Works which involve the removal of oils or other fuels.
28. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they securely stored in accordance with that licence.
29. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavors not to depart from the original exterior colour-scheme and cladding material.
The Park Home
30. Only park Homes (mobile homes) of proprietary manufacture, that is to say not homemade, which conforms to the statutory definition of a caravan contained in the relevant legislation, are permitted on the park.
31. If external contractors are to be employed to carry out any work to the home you should ensure that they are competent to do the work proposed by you in order to maintain a safe environment on the park.
32. You must insure and keep the park home insured with an organization that is registered with the Financial Services Authority against loss or damage by fire and liabilities to other people or property. You must be able to produce a copy of the insurance policy to the park owner upon request with any evidence that the site owner may reasonably request as proof of insurance.
33. You must not do, or allow to be done, anything on the park which may:-
(a) Be or become a nuisance to cause annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to, the park owner or anyone else who lives on the park.
(b) Cause damage to any property belonging to, the park owner or anyone else, or to any adjoining or neighbouring property and must not use or permit the park home to be used for illegal and immoral purposes;
(c) Be a criminal offence.
You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10:30pm to 8:00am.