Willowgrove Leisure Park is an award winning family owned park situated in Preesall designed for retired residents. The centre piece of the park is a fully stocked five-acre fishing lake that surrounds an island bird sanctuary which is visited by many rare species throughout the year.
The park is conveniently located at a one-minute walk from Hillside Avenue Bus and Coach station which offers services to Lancaster, Bolton, Kirby Lonsdale, Kendal and more. Also within close walking distance from Willowgrove is a One-Stop mini-market chain shop, Wesby Chinese takeaway and Preesall Park. The park is half a mile from the village centre of Knott-End-On-Sea. The rural village features a local friendly pub The Bourne Arms as well as a fish and chip shop, county library and golf club.
Twenty-minutes from Willowgrove Park in the car takes you to the delightful village of Scorton which is home to the popular Barn at Scorton. The Barn features a gift shop, a restaurant, a garden centre and a café all of which amongst a beautiful rustic setting. Scorton’s pastoral backdrop makes it an ideal location for walking and many visors chose to walk the scenic fell of Nicky Nook. The village is also home to the Apple Store Café sitting at the heart of the natural Wyresdale Park and serving a delicious range of home-made treats.
A half-hour car journey from the park leads you to the coastal town of Blackpool. This lively town features an extensive range of attractions perfect for family days out such as Blackpool Pleasure Beach, The Sandcastle, Blackpool Tower and the iconic Blackpool Illuminations. With its large collection of high street stores Blackpool is also an ideal place for shopping. At similar distance from the park is the historic university city of Lancaster. The city is well-known for its large range of independent quirky boutiques and coffee shops. Belonging to the city is the famous Williamson Park which features a tropical butterfly house and a Pavilion café and shop.
The park is thirty-three acres and its lake contains over two-thousand fish. There is a range of pre-owned and new luxury homes available for sale. The homes are fully furbished with modern appliances, fitted bathrooms and designer kitchens. Gas central heating, double-glazing and insulation are provided. The homes also have a block paved driveway, flagged path, decking, laid garden, a BT landline and all homeowners have full access to the new on-site launderette.
- Fully-stocked five-acre fishing lake
- Built around island bird sanctuary
- Designed for retired residents
- Bus stop close to park
WILLOWGROVE RESIDENTIAL ~ PARK RULES
FOREWORD: These rules are put in place for the benefit of all home owners are not meant to cause offense or be restrictive. Our aim is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our residents, customers and holiday home owners.
OCCUPATION OF THE PARK
• The park is open for 52 weeks of the year and has a residential licence.
• The mobile home shall be used only by the owner and their immediate family members, ie spouse or partner. Subletting of the home is strictly forbidden.
• The home is to be used for residential purposes only, not for business or commercial enterprise.
• The pitch fee is to be paid monthly in accordance with your Mobile Home Agreement, failure to do so could result in court action and removal of the resident or home from site.
• Mobile homes must be kept in a sound and clean condition.
• Wheels must not be removed, nor the mobile home re-positioned.
• Each home owner is responsible for their own pitch. Pitches must be kept clean and tidy. Including underneath the home, sheds, garden area and parking bay.
• New and additional sheds/bunkers must not be erected without prior written permission from the site office.
• No alterations to the home/pitch including flagging, decking, steps or fencing etc must be carried out without prior approval of the park owner. Please apply to the site office for a quote.
• All works carried out on the park must comply with our site license therefore in future all building works will be carried out by ‘Team Barton’ or contractors hired by the site owner.
• No outside contractors must be hired by the home owner to carry out any works on the home or pitch.
• Re-painting of homes must be authorized by the site office and carried out in accordance with the manufactures recommended maintenance. Use of garish paint colours is not allowed and homes must be in keeping with the rest of the park.
• Park homes, their accessories and contents are the responsibility of the home owner and are on the park at their own risk.
• All Homes owners must ensure that they are adequately insured, insurance policy certificates must be shown to the site office annually.
• The park owner accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or personal injury.
• New homes must only be purchased via the site owner.
• Any owner wishing to sell their homes should inform the site office or head office.
• When a home is sold 10% commission payment is payable to the site owner.
• All outstanding bills attributed to the home in question must be settled before the sale is concluded.
• As the law had now changed please contact the head office to ensure you have the correct paperwork for the transfer of sale. This needs to be completed and returned to the head office with the 10% payment, 7days after the sale is concluded.
• The speed limit on the park is strictly 10 mph and must be adhered to at all times.
• The one-way system is in operation for the safety of all park home and holiday home owners, please make sure the system is used. (Unless stated by site office due to siting of homes)
• No vehicles are to be parked on roadways at any time.
• No commercial vehicles or vehicles sporting logos are to be parked on any pitch or the visitors car park they must be parked off site.
• No current residents or visitors to the park must park in the vacant pitches or stock pitched at any time.
• Motor homes and tourer caravans must not be parked on the site at any time (unless special prior arrangement has been made in writing)
• All visitors must use the visitors car park provided.
• No cars must be parked at the back of the lake.
• All vehicles on the park must have current road tax and insurance. Vehicles must not be stored on the site.
• Motor car repairs must not be carried out on the park, except by recognized breakdown companies.
• Bartons Group take no responsibility for any vehicles parked on the site.
• No ball games are allowed on the park
• National flags, bunting etc. May only be erected temporary to celebrate special national occasions.
• Please be courteous to your neighbors and ensure, loud music, music instruments and televisions are not causing a disturbance. Especially between the hours of 9pm-8am.
• Outdoor firearms, air pistols, catapults or any offensive weapons are NOT permitted on site at any time.
• Please ensure your rubbish is disposed of as per the instructions of the local authority and placed in the bins provided.
• Scrap metal must be removed from site and not left by the bins. The bins are for general /recyclable waste only. Bulky items eg furniture, white goods (fridges etc) must be taken to the local landfill site.
• Do not dump waste at the back of the lake or in the company skips.
• Please ensure that if using the laundry, you leave it how you found it.
• Do not leave clothes in the laundry unattended or over night.
• All courier parcels must be delivered to your personal address, the site office will no longer accept delivery (unless special arrangement has been made, exceptional circumstance only.)
• Residents are not permitted to enter the compound or workshop, without exception.
• No advertisements or notices are to be displayed in windows, or exteriors of the homes.
• Please do not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system, particularly cleaning cloths, wet wipes, incontinence pads, cooking fat etc.
• Children visiting the site are the responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times. They are to be supervised at all times as not to cause a nuisance to other owners.
• Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and cleaned up after. Dog Waste bins are provided on site and should be used.
• Pets must be kept under control and not cause any disturbance or be a nuisance to other home owners on the park.
• Please refrain from feeding wildlife on the park is as it encourages vermin and interrupts the natural flight pattern of the birds, ducks and geese.
• Wildlife on the park must not be harmed.
• Swimming in the lake is strictly forbidden.
• No boats, remote control devices or mechanical model boats allowed.
• Fishing permits must be purchased from the site office £7.50 per day. Please note you must have an Official Fishing License.
• No night fishing is permitted.
• Anglers fishing at Willowgrove Park, do so at their own risk.
• All fish, of any kind, must be returned to the water as quickly as possible after being caught. It is a condition that all anglers have proper landing nets and unhooking mats for the catchment and weighing of fish. Fish can be sacked for a minimum amount of time for photography purposes only and must be returned with care as soon as possible.
• All litter, including discarded lines, hooks and bait must be taken when leaving the Fishery.
• Please note fishing equipment is your responsibility. Please do not leave anything unattended.
• Do not overload fishing pegs.
• Do not put any foreign objects in the water. The lake is check regularly by the Environment Agency to maintain standard for the safety of residents, fish and wildlife.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Home owners must ensure that the area around their homes and plots are kept clear at all times.
• Visitors to your home including friends and family, must be met at the barrier and gain access via your fob, and not given the barrier code to gain access onto the park.
• The barrier will be closed at all times.
• Your visitors are your responsibility and must comply with the park rules.
• Use the barrier at the entrance responsibly.
• Barrier codes and fobs should not be given to anyone off the park except emergency services who can acquire them from the site office.
• The barrier is designed to admit one vehicle at a time. Bartons Group accept no liability for damage caused if this is not adhered to.
• Please ensure that in the event of a fire the Willowgrove Fire Procedure is followed in full (copies displayed on Notice Board, Laundry and a copy can be obtained from the site office.)
• Do not panic
• Leave all personal possessions and make your way to the fire assembly point on the top visitors car park adjacent to the entrance of the residential park.
• Please respect the park and its amenities, do not cause damage to trees, grass or plants.
• Stealing building materials from site is strictly prohibited, materials are left on site in various locations to make it easier for ‘Team Barton’ to access them, not for residents to use.
• Offensive and abusive behavior will not be tolerated to either staff members or other home owners.
• Hand gestures, threatening behavior or swearing of any kind will not be tolerated, either to staff or other home owners.