Lancashire welcomes millions of visitors all year round, and what's more, people choose to move out towards the coast and country in search of a peaceful retirement. Communities and resorts such as Willowgrove Leisure Park are set up to ensure that residents not only have access to the best that the region has to offer but also a pace of living that is calm and slow throughout the seasons.
Willowgrove Leisure Park is owned by UK Leisure Parks is an exclusive neighbourhood, built with retirees in mind. There are a variety of properties hosted at the park for residential and holiday purposes; however, it remains a very popular choice for people who want to be close to the Lancashire coast and countryside. The park is one of the largest of its kind in the area, offering acres of well-maintained gardens and stunning pitches.
The park remains popular with many people for its closeness to various attractions and sites of natural beauty. What’s more, it is famous for a few exclusive natural features you won’t find elsewhere in the region. For that reason, should listings for the park arise, early viewings are always prudent. Sell My Group is proud to list for the park, and we will update available pitches as soon as they arise.
About Willowgrove Leisure Park
Willowgrove Leisure Park remains hugely popular with retirees thanks to its close-knit community. The park is run by a family with years of experience in maintaining luxury properties and gardens. Based close enough to the coast for residents to breathe in calming sea air, yet close enough to the country for views of green hills and pastures beyond, it is a park that brings together the very best of the Lancashire experience.
Willowgrove is a very large park that has expanded hugely over the years. Now home to over 300 properties, it is a community that is bustling, but never noisy. The neighbourhood divides into careful lanes and avenues, with unique, luxury properties. While it is easy enough for residents to get to know their neighbours and make new friends, there is a clear focus on privacy. Residents can easily retire to their properties without fear of intrusion or noise.
The community boasts a large fishing lake that extends up to five acres. Therefore, any homeowners keen to take up angling will never need to travel too far. There is also an exclusive bird sanctuary island in the middle of the park, which will be perfect for any residents keen to get closer to nature. What’s more, the island often welcomes rare species, making it all the more appealing to wildlife spotters. The park emulates the wonderful surroundings and is lovingly maintained by careful staff and maintenance crews.
The park is also very secure. It resides just off the beaten track, while still easy to get to, and residents and visitors can rest easy with park security and personal security controls for their own properties. The staff at the park are keen to make sure their residents remain safe and happy throughout their time in the community. The owners are very approachable and are available to offer lots of advice and suggestions on trips around the local area.
Willowgrove offers plenty of modern amenities and facilities, including a full launderette on site. Properties at the park offer convenience and luxury, with discretion and privacy guaranteed. As the park is close enough to road links and public transport, freedom and independence are also widely encouraged. Residents are free to explore the wider area as they wish and can travel further afield with ease.
Willowgrove Park's popular location helps to bring in new residents all year round. It is close to many picturesque villages and communities, as well as the popular seafront. Residents without access to their own transport can easily take bus links to popular towns and resorts from just outside the park, meaning that they never have to go too far to escape to Blackpool, Thornton Cleveleys and more. The park offers a fantastic foothold for anyone who wants to explore the best of what Lancashire has to offer without having to travel extensively.
Drivers can also take to the roads easily to and from the park. While it nestles deep within rural Lancashire, it is easy to access via the M55 and M6. Therefore, even residents who need to get to and from the park from other cities and towns elsewhere can do so very easily. The park is also conveniently close to the local bus and coach station on Hillside Avenue, meaning that residents who do want to explore can simply take a short walk out of the park.
What will likely appeal to many residents at the park is, of course, the balance between countryside and coast. New homeowners can step outside their properties to glance across wide open plains for miles around. However, they can also take a short walk or bus ride down to the famous coastline. Moving near to the sea is likely to be a dream come true for many people, which is another reason why Willowgrove Park remains so popular.
Willowgrove is a quiet, comforting community which never suffers from noise or light pollution. Ongoing work to develop the park will ensure more people can easily escape to a quiet corner of the county without removing themselves completely from society and civilisation. Residents looking for a quiet life and a slow escape from the norm will still likely want to access the everyday amenities and town areas they’ve grown accustomed to.
The park staff will happily advise new residents on ways they can explore the local region to the fullest. It is always a good idea to take a close look at the nearby towns and countryside before viewing properties.
The Local Area
The Park is close to a host of quaint and traditional villages and services. It is very close to Knott End-on-Sea, where residents can head for friendly fare, including traditional pubs and restaurants. Knott is also famous for its traditional shops and buildings, meaning that any new homeowners can take a short trip out to enjoy the local heritage scene.
Residents can also easily head out to villages such as Scorton, which boast popular restaurants, gift shops, cafés and gardens to explore. It is also a short distance from the seaside towns of Fleetwood and Thornton Cleveleys, both of which are very popular with families and couples alike. Fleetwood is popular, too, for its Affinity Outlet, where locals can shop for bargains at high street stores. Visitors who prefer traditional markets and local businesses won’t have to search too far for quaint shops and stalls, either.
For a busier seaside experience, residents can also take buses towards Blackpool, the largest coastal resort in the area. Blackpool is of course home to its extensive pleasure beach, its yearly illuminations, and famous beaches. If Blackpool is too full-on, there are plenty of quieter, slower seaside towns and villages lining up nearby. Therefore, residents have plenty to choose from. The park is one of the best-linked resorts of its kind in the area, meaning it is never difficult to navigate the various attractions nearby.
For golf enthusiasts, the local Knott End Club offers memberships at their full course all year round. Those who prefer to dip into history may enjoy touring the local Fleetwood Museum, as well as the lighthouses just a few miles away, across the River Wye.
Preesall and the Fylde Coast provide residents with some of the most spectacular scenery and walks the county has to offer. Willowgrove Leisure Park is in a prime location for those who already appreciate the local area, as well as for those who want to get to know the heritage a little better. Residents have access to some of the quietest, most peaceful walks England has to offer right on their doorsteps.
Why Choose Willowgrove Leisure Park?
The park is one of the most popular communities of its kind in the wider region. Therefore, it is always expanding, and viewings are recommended wherever possible. The park’s unique fishing lake, bird island and wide-open spaces help to make it one of the most visually pleasing and relaxing residential communities on the Lancashire coast.
Prospective owners can invest in a safe, secure property surrounded by acres of carefully maintained land, free from the hustle and bustle of cities and towns. As a family-run park, the community spirit is strong, and the owners are always on hand to support new residents and locals alike.
New residents can enjoy private gardens, driveways and decking as standard. Properties carefully space out to offer plenty of room for privacy and independence.
As an exclusive community, being at Willowgrove allows you to be in a neighbourhood of likeminded people and immediately enjoy a slower, less stressful way of life. It is easy for residents to find local amenities just a short walk away, while a bus stop outside the main gates will connect them to wider attractions.
Willowgrove Leisure Park
WILLOWGROVE RESIDENTIAL ~ PARK RULES
FOREWORD: These rules are put in place for the benefit of all home owners are not meant to cause offense or be restrictive. Our aim is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our residents, customers and holiday home owners.
OCCUPATION OF THE PARK
• The park is open for 52 weeks of the year and has a residential licence.
• The mobile home shall be used only by the owner and their immediate family members, ie spouse or partner. Subletting of the home is strictly forbidden.
• The home is to be used for residential purposes only, not for business or commercial enterprise.
• The pitch fee is to be paid monthly in accordance with your Mobile Home Agreement, failure to do so could result in court action and removal of the resident or home from site.
• Mobile homes must be kept in a sound and clean condition.
• Wheels must not be removed, nor the mobile home re-positioned.
• Each home owner is responsible for their own pitch. Pitches must be kept clean and tidy. Including underneath the home, sheds, garden area and parking bay.
• New and additional sheds/bunkers must not be erected without prior written permission from the site office.
• No alterations to the home/pitch including flagging, decking, steps or fencing etc must be carried out without prior approval of the park owner. Please apply to the site office for a quote.
• All works carried out on the park must comply with our site license therefore in future all building works will be carried out by ‘Team Barton’ or contractors hired by the site owner.
• No outside contractors must be hired by the home owner to carry out any works on the home or pitch.
• Re-painting of homes must be authorized by the site office and carried out in accordance with the manufactures recommended maintenance. Use of garish paint colours is not allowed and homes must be in keeping with the rest of the park.
• Park homes, their accessories and contents are the responsibility of the home owner and are on the park at their own risk.
• All Homes owners must ensure that they are adequately insured, insurance policy certificates must be shown to the site office annually.
• The park owner accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or personal injury.
• New homes must only be purchased via the site owner.
• Any owner wishing to sell their homes should inform the site office or head office.
• When a home is sold 10% commission payment is payable to the site owner.
• All outstanding bills attributed to the home in question must be settled before the sale is concluded.
• As the law had now changed please contact the head office to ensure you have the correct paperwork for the transfer of sale. This needs to be completed and returned to the head office with the 10% payment, 7days after the sale is concluded.
• The speed limit on the park is strictly 10 mph and must be adhered to at all times.
• The one-way system is in operation for the safety of all park home and holiday home owners, please make sure the system is used. (Unless stated by site office due to siting of homes)
• No vehicles are to be parked on roadways at any time.
• No commercial vehicles or vehicles sporting logos are to be parked on any pitch or the visitors car park they must be parked off site.
• No current residents or visitors to the park must park in the vacant pitches or stock pitched at any time.
• Motor homes and tourer caravans must not be parked on the site at any time (unless special prior arrangement has been made in writing)
• All visitors must use the visitors car park provided.
• No cars must be parked at the back of the lake.
• All vehicles on the park must have current road tax and insurance. Vehicles must not be stored on the site.
• Motor car repairs must not be carried out on the park, except by recognized breakdown companies.
• Bartons Group take no responsibility for any vehicles parked on the site.
• No ball games are allowed on the park
• National flags, bunting etc. May only be erected temporary to celebrate special national occasions.
• Please be courteous to your neighbors and ensure, loud music, music instruments and televisions are not causing a disturbance. Especially between the hours of 9pm-8am.
• Outdoor firearms, air pistols, catapults or any offensive weapons are NOT permitted on site at any time.
• Please ensure your rubbish is disposed of as per the instructions of the local authority and placed in the bins provided.
• Scrap metal must be removed from site and not left by the bins. The bins are for general /recyclable waste only. Bulky items eg furniture, white goods (fridges etc) must be taken to the local landfill site.
• Do not dump waste at the back of the lake or in the company skips.
• Please ensure that if using the laundry, you leave it how you found it.
• Do not leave clothes in the laundry unattended or over night.
• All courier parcels must be delivered to your personal address, the site office will no longer accept delivery (unless special arrangement has been made, exceptional circumstance only.)
• Residents are not permitted to enter the compound or workshop, without exception.
• No advertisements or notices are to be displayed in windows, or exteriors of the homes.
• Please do not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system, particularly cleaning cloths, wet wipes, incontinence pads, cooking fat etc.
• Children visiting the site are the responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times. They are to be supervised at all times as not to cause a nuisance to other owners.
• Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and cleaned up after. Dog Waste bins are provided on site and should be used.
• Pets must be kept under control and not cause any disturbance or be a nuisance to other home owners on the park.
• Please refrain from feeding wildlife on the park is as it encourages vermin and interrupts the natural flight pattern of the birds, ducks and geese.
• Wildlife on the park must not be harmed.
• Swimming in the lake is strictly forbidden.
• No boats, remote control devices or mechanical model boats allowed.
• Fishing permits must be purchased from the site office £7.50 per day. Please note you must have an Official Fishing License.
• No night fishing is permitted.
• Anglers fishing at Willowgrove Park, do so at their own risk.
• All fish, of any kind, must be returned to the water as quickly as possible after being caught. It is a condition that all anglers have proper landing nets and unhooking mats for the catchment and weighing of fish. Fish can be sacked for a minimum amount of time for photography purposes only and must be returned with care as soon as possible.
• All litter, including discarded lines, hooks and bait must be taken when leaving the Fishery.
• Please note fishing equipment is your responsibility. Please do not leave anything unattended.
• Do not overload fishing pegs.
• Do not put any foreign objects in the water. The lake is check regularly by the Environment Agency to maintain standard for the safety of residents, fish and wildlife.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Home owners must ensure that the area around their homes and plots are kept clear at all times.
• Visitors to your home including friends and family, must be met at the barrier and gain access via your fob, and not given the barrier code to gain access onto the park.
• The barrier will be closed at all times.
• Your visitors are your responsibility and must comply with the park rules.
• Use the barrier at the entrance responsibly.
• Barrier codes and fobs should not be given to anyone off the park except emergency services who can acquire them from the site office.
• The barrier is designed to admit one vehicle at a time. Bartons Group accept no liability for damage caused if this is not adhered to.
• Please ensure that in the event of a fire the Willowgrove Fire Procedure is followed in full (copies displayed on Notice Board, Laundry and a copy can be obtained from the site office.)
• Do not panic
• Leave all personal possessions and make your way to the fire assembly point on the top visitors car park adjacent to the entrance of the residential park.
• Please respect the park and its amenities, do not cause damage to trees, grass or plants.
• Stealing building materials from site is strictly prohibited, materials are left on site in various locations to make it easier for ‘Team Barton’ to access them, not for residents to use.
• Offensive and abusive behavior will not be tolerated to either staff members or other home owners.
• Hand gestures, threatening behavior or swearing of any kind will not be tolerated, either to staff or other home owners.