RESIDENTIAL PARK RULES
PARK RULES FOR
In these rules:
• “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an
Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy
or any other agreement.
• “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner and any other occupier of a park
• “we” and “our” refers to the park owner
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the
park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain
community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners
occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent
The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 30
about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would
not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
• they are only to apply from the date on which they take effect, which is
29th October 2014; and
• no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in
breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which
would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and
any employees, with the exception of the following rules 13, 15 and 24.
The Park Owner does not accept any liability whatsoever for loss or damage to any
property of the Homeowner, including the park home, their family or any visitor to
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your
home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless you have
obtained our approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
You must position the fences and any other means of enclosure so as to
comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements
and to a maximum of 1m in height. Park boundary hedges and or fences
must not be interfered with and no unauthorised entrances to the park are
3. Trees and Shrubs and other planting must not be permitted to grow to a size
or shape to interfere with a neighbour’s pitch. Vegetables are not to be
4. You must not have external fires, including use of incinerators.
5. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities
reasonable for domestic use.
6. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
7. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you
source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be
approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld unreasonably). You
must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire
safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed 48ft² or
8. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed
referred to in rule 7 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste
pending collection by the local authority.
9. You must ensure that any structure erected in the separation space between
park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to
comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
The separation space is the space between your park home and any
10. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and
garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service.
You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved
position for the local authority collections.
11. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority
approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
12. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the
park) for any business purpose and you must not use the park home or the
pitch for storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used
for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually
from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create
a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other
workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or
Age of Occupants
13. No person under the age of 50 years may reside in a park home, with the
exception of the park owner, park manager and their family etc.
14. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players,
radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a
nuisance to other occupiers.
15. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
- Not more than one domestic cat. You must not allow it to despoil the
The express terms of a homeowner’s Agreement contain an undertaking on
the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a
nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and
this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals. A similar
requirement not to cause a nuisance applies to tenants and again this
includes the behaviour of pets and animals.
Rule 15 does not apply to pets owned by the park owner, park manager and
their family etc.
16. Nothing in rule 15 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an
assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance
Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book
or other appropriate evidence.
17. You must only use fire point hoses in case of fire.
18. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
19. You must not access vacant pitches and must not disturb building materials
Vehicles and Parking
20. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed
21. Parking is only permitted for one vehicle per park home.
22. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
23. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
24. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow
parking of commercial vehicles of any sort including:
• light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle
taxation legislation and;
• vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such
a commercial vehicle.
With the exceptions of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner, park
manager and their family etc.
25. You must not park Boats, Camper Vans, Motorhomes, Touring Caravans or
Trailers of any sort on the park.
26. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle
which is your responsibility on the park. You must also ensure that any
vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements
of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
27. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park.
We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
28. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) major vehicle repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine
(b) works which involve the removal of lubricants or fuel.
29. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons
(including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch
or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence, a copy of which should
be provided to the park owners, and they are securely stored in accordance
with that licence.
30. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and
tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners
must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior