Meldon Lodge Park is an exclusive development of 8 luxury holiday lodges situated in a tranquil woodland location on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, next to the famous Betty Cottles Inn, just 1 mile from the historic town of Okehampton.
Okehampton lies on the Northern Edge of Dartmoor and has the advantage of being almost equi-distant from the dramatic and awe-inspiring North Coast and the pretty and enchanting coast of South Devon.
Okehampton has several banks and supermarkets including Waitrose as well as many interesting locally owned shops. There is a leisure centre with an indoor heated swimming pool, a gymnasium, sports hall, dance studio and cafe. Local attractions include the Granite Way National Cycle Track, Meldon Reservoir, Meldon Viaduct, Bluebell Woods in Spring, Okehampton Station and Railway, Lydford Gorge, Horse Riding on the moor, Golf, Local Course Fishing and remains of a Medieval Castle.
The city of Exeter just 30 Minutes drive away offers fast Road and Inter City rail links to London, Bristol and the North and an airport with regular internal and continental flights.
Okehampton can claim to have everything adding up to a quality of life which would be hard to rival, making this the ideal Location to purchase a holiday home for your own enjoyment or as a buy to let investment.
The lodges are built to the residential standard for construction & insulation, are fully furnished and are equipped to the highest of standards designed to provide the perfect holiday experience and should you wish to let the lodge through the park, an investment income aswell. We will provide details of the anticipated returns when you visit.
There is ample parking and motor homes are welcome.
Meldon Lodge Park
Meldon Lodge Park - Park Rules
These park rules are in place for the good management of the park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the Licence Agreement, that is, the agreement between you and us for the Lodge to remain sited on the Park.
These rules are designed to enhance your enjoyment of the Park and for the better management of it.
The expression ‘you’/‘your’ means the Lodge owner and/or occupier and the expression ‘we’/‘us’/‘our’ refers to the Park Owner. The rules set out below are the park rules referred to in your Licence Agreement. Where appropriate we have adopted the same language as that which is used in the Licence Agreement and the Interpretation section in the Licence Agreement should be referred to if there is uncertainty over any of the terms used in these Park Rules.
1. All Lodge owners/occupiers must comply with the conditions attached to the Site Licence.
2. The Lodges must only be used for holiday and recreational purposes (and not as your only or main permanent residence) when the park is open.
3. The Park will close from [ ] to [ ] 2 January – 31 January and during this time, you will not be able to access or use your Lodge.
4. You must not carry out any landscaping to the Pitch or to any other part of the Park, dig any holes, or interfere with any of the fences on or around the Park. This is because there are strict conditions to our planning permission which must be adhered to.
5. You must not cut down, lop or interfere with in any way any of the trees on the Park. This is because there are Tree Preservation Orders in place in respect of many of the trees and it is a criminal offence to carry out such an exercise without the consent of the local planning authority.
6. You must not alter the colour or finish of your Lodge or your decking so as to maintain the visual amenity of the Park and so it is in keeping with the countryside.
7. You are responsible for draining down your Lodge during the closed period and are responsible for securing your Lodge when it is unoccupied for any period of time.
8. Only one car may be parked in your allocated space. The access way to the Lodges must not be obstructed. There is room for other vehicles to be parked in the car park for Betty Cottles.
9. You must not interfere in any way with the supply of the services to the Lodge or to the Pitch.
10. Lodge owners and occupiers may use the facilities at Betty Cottles.