If you are looking for a small, exclusive holiday development in a truly stunning Lake District location, Underbarrow Lodge Park is for you. With less than 15 lodges, this site is truly unique. It is located in the grounds of a 17th Century lakeland inn, approached through a gated entrance.
Surrounded by natural streams and beautiful countryside, the park is in the tranquil Cumbrian village of Underbarrow. The village is a five-minute drive away from the historic market town of Kendal. Not far away, you will find Windermere and Bowness.
Kendal boasts shops, museums, bars and a leisure centre. At Windermere you can enjoy lakeland cruises, fine dining and even a visit to the Beatrix Potter themed attraction.
Underbarrow Lodge Park enjoys a long holiday season, from March 1 to January 15. This makes it the perfect place to take a break in all seasons - even at Christmas. It is the perfect location for those who enjoy countryside walks and cycling. Nearby, you will find a traditional country inn, serving delicious home-cooked food and traditional ales.
Getting There: Underbarrow Lodge Park is close to junction 36 of the M6. At junction 36, exit onto the A590 and continue on A591. The park is on the right after Jinny Hill.
(Image of Kendal)
- Long holiday season, from March 1 to January 15
- Stunning rural location
- Small, exclusive development
- A short drive away from Kendal and Windermere
- Traditional country inn nearby
- Windermere Lake Cruises - https://www.windermere-lakecruises.co.uk/
- Beatrix Potter Attraction - http://www.hop-skip-jump.com/
- Kendal Museum - http://www.kendalmuseum.org.uk/
- Windermere Steamboat Museum - https://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/windermere-steamboat-museum/
- Kendal Castle - https://www.visitcumbria.com/sl/kendal-castle/
Underbarrow Lodge Park