In these rules:
• “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement
• “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home
• “we", “our” and “us" refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home.
The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 33 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
• they are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 24 February 2015; and
• no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to c:'rcumstances ›''h.ich \'v=r= in ex.stence on that date and 'hT'ch '^/ould net frame been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and any employees, with the exception of the following rules 11, 12, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30 and 31.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless they are a maximum height of 1.8 metres and you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of the enclosure so as to comply with the park‘s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
3. You must ensure that any gates are left unlocked at all times to ensure that in the event of a fire access can be gained to all elevations of the home.
4. With the exception of barbecues which must be supervised responsibly you must not have any external fires, including incinerators.
5. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonably for domestic use.
6. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
7. You must not have more than one storage shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park‘s site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed 2.75m 2.
8. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed mentioned in rule 7 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
9. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
10. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
11. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
12. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However, you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
Age of Occupants
13. No person under the age of 50 years may reside in the park home, with the exception of the park owner, employees and their families.
14. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30 pm and 8.00 am.