The site is a picturesque site in the beautiful Shropshire Countryside. There are uninterrupted views of the South Shropshire and Welsh Hills which form the backdrop for the park as well as the beautiful two lakes upon which the lodges are sited. The site is very peaceful and ideal if you are wanting to escape from it all.
Explore the surrounding areas, The Quarry nestled alongside the River Severn and a wonderful place to enjoy sunshine.
The Dingle, award winning flower garden forms a centre piece around The Quarry. Shrewsbury Castle overlooking the River Severn, with a huge amount of history surrounding it.
Powys Castle and garden, Welshpool, world famous garden, overhung with clipped yews, shelters rare and tender plants.
Wigmore Lakes is a luxury lodge park located in the beautiful Shropshire countryside. Views over the fishing lakes and beyond. Located 50 minutes from Birmingham and Chester.
If you are thinking of buying a holiday lodge , we have written a blog on 8 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Holiday Lodge.
PARK RULES Page 1 of 3
The following rules of occupation are for the good management of the Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules from part of the agreement by which you occupy your pitch.
• The holiday home cannot be used as your main residence, it can only be used for recreation or holiday use, Wigmore Lakes require a utility bill in your name as proof of residence as well as your passport or Drivers Licence.
• All occupiers at the park must comply with the conditions attached to the site licence, which are available at the Office.
• No holiday home shall be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than for which it was designed.
• If you have friends or family staying, who are not cardholders, we ask that for security reasons you notify us in writing at least one week before they enter the park, a temporary pass will be created for them to pay for and pick up at the Office. You are responsible for the behaviour of your guests.
• Non-staying visitors to the park must leave by 11.00pm
• One member of any party using the caravan must be over the age of 21.
• The Park is private property and we reserve the right to refuse anyone entry who is staying without prior permission/notification.
• We do not permit workmen, traders or salesmen access to the party, except with prior written consent.
• Outside taps, if required, must be fitted by Wigmore Lakes and there will be an additional charge on the water rates.
• If you wish to add any external structure to the caravan holiday home such as a fence, veranda, storage shed or balcony you must first produce plans of what is proposed. The installation of any decking/veranda must be undertaken by Wigmore Lakes.
• Any callout of maintenance will incur a minimum charge of half an hour unless it is an external problem, eg gas related, resetting electric trip or water from stop tap down. If repeated callouts for external trips of gas or electric are found to be the fault of an item inside the caravan, the callout will be charged.
• The occupier is responsible for the sewerage connection from ground level upwards, electrical connections from the meter housing, gas on courtyard areas from the regulator and water from external stop tap.
• The colour of the exterior of the caravan holiday home may not be changed without prior consent in writing.
• The holiday home must be kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
• You are responsible for the ground around the caravan for a distance of approximately 18”, this also must be kept in a tidy condition. The site will maintain the rest of the ground around the caravan.
• The planting of trees and shrubs is also subject to the company’s prior approval of types and position.
• Trees may not be lopped, felled, removed or damaged without the consent of Wigmore Lakes.
• External fires, including incinerators, are not allowed. Bonafide BBQ’s are allowed by caravans, they must be sited on slabs obtained from Wigmore Lakes.
Page 2 of 3
• A holiday home must be maintained in a state capable of movement but may not be moved off the pitch without our prior consent in writing. Disconnection and removal of homes from a plot shall only be carried out by the company.
• Nothing may be displayed in the windows or on the exterior of the holiday home except its nameplate or number of a reasonable size.
• In case of emergency, owners must supply us with a key for their holiday home.
• All additions to the holiday home e.g. slabs, decking, storage boxes must be purchased through, supplied and installed by the park. A maximum of 2 storage boxes per pitch.
• The company (park owner) reserves the right after consultation with the pitch occupier to alter individual pitch boundaries where necessary, and move caravans to re-develop the area.
• No commercial enterprise or business activities are allowed on the park. This also includes renting privately owned caravans.
• The company (park owner) and his employees and agents shall not be liable whatsoever for loss or theft of, or damage or loss to, or theft from, any mobile home or other vehicle or property whatsoever. The park owner shall not be liable whatsoever for the loss or theft of any mobile home keys. Further, the occupier shall indemnify the park owner and keep him indemnified from and against all actions, proceedings and claims by a third party. This should be in respect of all and any loss, damage or liability caused by or arising out of neglect or default or wilful act of the occupier or members of his household or guests or visitors.
• The occupier also agrees and covenants to insure and keep insured the holiday home and its contents with a member of the Association of British Insurers/FSA against loss or damage by theft, fire, storm and tempest and liability of not less than two million pounds to any third party and such other risks. If you decide to take out your own insurance you must produce an up to date copy of the policy of insurance to be kept on file, an annual admin fee will be made for this service
• Musical instruments, record players, radios, other appliances and motor vehicles must not be used to cause nuisance to others, especially between the hours of 10.30 pm and 8.00 am
• Ball games are not allowed in the vicinity of the caravans
• Occupiers are not permitted to wade or swim in the Lakes.
• Pets, where permitted at the company’s discretion, must be kept under proper control and not allowed to despoil the park.
• Breeds such as Alsatians, Rottweiler’s, Dobermans, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and any dog on the dangerous dogs list are not allowed. Existing owners who already have these breeds, cannot replace them with the same breed. Any dogs causing harm or continual nuisance will not be allowed on the park.
• Occupiers and other permitted entrants bring vehicles on to the park at their own risk.
• Vehicles must keep to authorised parking spaces, only two cars can be parked by the holiday home. Occupiers with additional vehicles must park in the visitors car park.
Page 3 of 3
• No deliveries of post will be accepted on site.
• All vehicles must be driven carefully on the park and not exceed the displayed speed limit.
• All vehicles must be taxed and insured as require by the law and be in running order.
• All drivers on the park must hold a current driving licence and insurance.
• All vehicles not covered by the road traffic act must not be used on the park, eg scooters, quad bikes etc.
• Revolving washing lines may be used but must be sited by the park to avoid damage to underground services and must be removed when not in use.
• No boats, jet ski’s cars etc can be left by the holiday home when the owner is not in residence, there also must be a vehicle capable of towing the boat etc at the holiday home.
• Commercial vehicles of any size may only be parked on the park with the prior written permission of Wigmore Lakes
• No vehicles are to be parked on the grass or roadways.
• All homes must be equipped with a fire extinguisher/blanket, which conforms to the requirements of the Fire Officer
• The chimney flue and cowl of all park homes must be kept in good repair. Sparks or objectionable smoke should not be discharged.
• The ventilation in the holiday home must not be obstructed.
• It is recommended that a fire extinguisher of the dry type not less than 2lb’s capacity should be installed in each home. Note: other types of fire extinguishers can be dangerous in confined spaces.
• Access to the caravan out of season cannot be guaranteed as to site work in the winter. You may visit your caravan for maintenance or to remove items but it cannot be used as a base for the day and cannot be stayed in overnight. Services to the caravan may be disconnected during the out of season times. Vehicles are not to be driven onto the grass during the out of season period.
• It is recommended that the gas appliances in your holiday home be serviced once a year.
• Guns, firearms or offensive weapons of any description shall not be brought onto the park.
• You must act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us and other customers of ours.
• Children must be supervised properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
• Kites must not be flown on the park.
• You agree that you will not, commit any criminal offence at the Park or use the Holiday Home for the furtherance of any criminal activity, commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance or use any unlawful drugs.
• Any violation of these rules will constitute a failure to keep to the agreement by which you occupy your pitch and could result in the cancellation of the agreement.
• The park rules can be amended by the park, owners will receive a month’s notice of the amendments before they come into effect.